Part 9

"Actually Boss, I'd like to explore the case more,"

His eyebrows raising up again at my interruption but it indicated me to explain more.

"I happen to live close to him and talked to him yesterday, wouldn't it be more convenient for me to investigate, I can promise you that I am in my best health,"

Boss thought for another minute before nodding his head, "Okay, but stay in contact when you get any information,"

"Of course, I will be taking my leave now," I responded, bowing down before leaving the room.

Wandering back to the ladder, I quickly made it out of the house and blended back into society, seeing more people around, I started to wonder if any of the members had woken up and noticed I wasn't there.

Slowly opening the door, I didn't expect to see Yoongi leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

"Oh hello Yoongi," I answered normally, walking passed the male but Yoongi wasn't so keen on that, grabbing my wrist.

"Where did you go?"

"I went out for a walk-"

"Then why was this on your door?" Yoongi stated clearly, showing me the paper.

"It says 'Sorry I had to leave so soon but I had somewhere to be', were you going to leave without saying anything?"

"Um, actually-" I started nervously, thinking of any excuse but none came to my mind on time.

Yoongi did look angrier by the second, his cat like eyes looked deadly in that moment.

"Would you know that we would have gone looking for you? I would have searched you, only to realise that you ran away,"

"Ran away, I didn't run away, like I said I went on a run and I wanted to make a joke-"

"It was your job wasn't it?"

Why was this man so good at finding out things? I thought while taking my hand out of his grip.

"It's none of your business Yoongi," I muttered, walking towards the stairs, every single step made me guilty when Yoongi's voice made me stop.

"It is my business remember, I saved your life so I have the right to know,"

"No you don't, you have your secrets and I have mines, let's just leave it at that," I replied back before walking towards my room. The male following me with his gaze...

-

Thankfully, Yoongi hadn't told anyone about my disappearance of the night or about my job so I was relieved of one thing but burdened by another. Yoongi kept on watching me, even if I look back, I gave to look away.

"Guys, I'm going out!" Jungkook called out as the members were doing their separate things but I quickly jumped up, heading to where the bunny like male was about to open the door.

"Where are you going Jungkook?" I questioned curiously and Jungkook immediately smiled at my presence.

Our friendship has gone better these day, Jungkook's shyness was slowly disappearing around me and I had gotten more comfortable with him too.

"I'm going for a walk, do you want to come too?"

"Sure! Just wait for some minutes," I answered before rushing back to my room, getting changed into some sports clothes and headed back for Jungkook.

"Hey guys, I'm going out for a walk with Ellie!"

"Okay, stay safe!"

What we didn't see was Yoongi's face of seeing the pair, it made his guts twist and go in a knot when he sees Jungkook set an arm on Ellie's shoulder. What he meant by playmate wasn't what he had imagined...