Happy New Years AKA Part 41

Happy New Years to everyone! I hope everyone is celebrating with their families and is enjoying their last days before school or work starts!

After the secret that I've been keeping for months was out, everyone, well mostly everyone was shocked except for Jungkook and... Taehyung?

"I already knew," Taehyung stated simply.

"How? Who told you?" I questioned patiently, crossing my arms across my chest.

Even though not everyone knew before, all eyes were directed to Jimin in an instant as soon as I finished talking.

"Wait, why are you all looking at me?" Jimin asked curiously, not listening to the conversation as he had just come upstairs.

"You were the one who told me about Ellie's secret a while ago," Taehyung confessed.

"Oh yeah, that's because Jungkook told me and I was bored. Wait! Do you all know now?" Jimin exclaimed terrifyingly.

"Yeah, everyone knows because Yoongi Hyung told everyone,"

Jimin let out a relieved sign, "Oh really? So I'm not in trouble right?"

"No, you won't, unless you know where Ellie lives," I replied back, knowing asking him wouldn't fix anything.

"Oh! Oh you think that I don't know her address!" Jimin answered, being exaggerated by the way we thought.

All of us then nodded in unison, and Jimin now looked very offended.

"Just wait right here, I have something useful," Jimin reassured before running back up the stairs.

When his footsteps disappeared on the second level, we all looked at each other for a second.

"Should we hide outside?" Hoseok suggested.

"Of course not, we should absolutely hide in the basement," I muttered, starting to walk towards the basement door.

"You know I can hear you Yoongi Hyung and if you want to have a lead on Ellie, you better not move!" Jimin yelled from his room.

After Jimin's words, I didn't move a muscle until his footsteps re-entered the staircase. I swear, if he was joking, he would be joining Jungkook in the hospital.

Jimin then appeared with a piece of paper in his hands and handed it over to me.

"She had given it to me when we stepped out for a drink. She said that she trusted me with it so I wrote it down."

Ellie could trust Jimin with her address but not me. Why?

"I swear Yoongi Hyung, if Ellie doesn't forgive me then I'll never be able to forgive myself," Jimin said as he left for the kitchen.

I must have looked at the sheet for the paper for about five minutes, saying 'Ellie's address is 274 Davis Road, FY21 WX0'

Turning around, I started walking to the front door with no words leaving my mouth.

"Yoongi Hyung, where are you going now?" Namjoon questioned concernedly.

"I'm heading to Ellie's house," I answered honestly, slipping into and tying both of my shoes.

"Wait wait wait! Don't you know how dangerous that is? Maybe we should all go?" Hoseok suggested clearly.

"Don't worry Hoseok, I will only look around the area for anything suspicious, I won't take any action," I comforted him.

I definitely don't act on my feelings. That's only something Hoseok or Taehyung would do.

"Okay, well just be careful and don't try and get attention Hyung," Jimin said from the kitchen.

"And why would I try and do that? That's your job Jimin," I teased lightly, opening the door.

Saying goodbye, I got into my car and put her address into the GPS before starting the engine and driving.

Apparently Ellie only lived around twenty-four minutes away from us but it was in the busiest part of the country.

I had to park the car close by because the crowd was too much for a car to be able to pass through.

Adjusting my hat, I ventured through the crowd with determination to at least find Ellie in the market but after ten minutes, I gave up.

I decided to just go to Ellie's house and knock on her door, which wasn't the plan but I was concerned about how she was doing.

She had bruises from what Jungkook had seen. I wonder who gave it to her?

"Hey, I told you not to follow me!" I heard a familiar voice in an alleyway.

It must be Ellie! Without telling my body to do so, I started running toward the very distressed voice.

"Well it's not my fault my friend actually cares about you!"

"You're lying! He would never care for me!"

Looking into the dark alley, there were two barely visible people talking to one another.

A woman, which was Ellie, and a man, who I'd never seen before.

What should I do? Should I leave her be? She can handle herself very well.

"Hey, leave her alone!" I yelled loudly, making myself visible to both of them.

Oh no, the 'act on my feelings' was really having an effect on me.

Both of them glanced at me. One looked flabbergasted and the other looked confused.

I walked over to stand beside Ellie and stared at the man with dead eyes.

The man had a scar on his forehead and was way taller than me. The look in his eyes was similar to Ellie's when I first saw her in the hospital.

The man's expression changed completely to a fake smile, which was my specialty.

"Well Ellie, I hope to see you soon," He said to her before walking away, making sure to hit my shoulder on purpose.

When the man disappeared behind the alley walls, I looked behind me and saw Ellie.

Jungkook was true. She did have bruises and cuts on her face.

When I raised my hand toward her, she flinched. It broke my heart at her reaction.

"Ellie, who did this to you?" I begged.

"Why are you here?" She whispered so low that I couldn't hear her.

"Ellie, what are you saying?"

"Why did you have to be here when I was trying to forget you?" She yelled hoarsely. She sniffled quietly, tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

Tears welled up deep inside and streamed down her cheeks. She covered her face with shaking hands and wiped her cheek every few seconds...