Part 43

"Hyung, you're already back," Jungkook said happily from the living room as he heard the sound of the front door opening.

"Yeah," I mumbled, taking my shoes off and putting them in the shoe cabinet.

I sighed as I hung my jacket on the coat rack, still unable to shake the image of Ellie's face from my mind.

The tears that had threatened to spill finally cascaded down her cheeks as I remembered how Ellie had looked at me with such sadness in her eyes.

She covered her face with shaking hands and wiped her cheeks every few seconds, trying desperately to keep the tears from falling. She continued to look at me with a pained expression, her eyes filled with sorrow. I could feel my heart breaking at the sight of her sadness, wishing I could take it all away.

She continued to stare at the end of the alley for a few moments, her face still filled with sorrow. But after a few seconds, she finally looked away, her eyes still glistening with tears.

Though I hesitated, unsure of what to do. I wanted to take her in my arms and tell her that everything would be alright, but I knew I couldn't. I could only stand there, helplessly, as I watched her struggling to keep her emotions in check.

I wanted to comfort her, to tell her that I would never leave her, but I knew that my words alone wouldn't be enough to take away her fear. I could see the fear in her eyes, the fear of the unknown and the fear of being alone.

She was scared of what might happen if she left with me, but she was even more scared of staying in the alley and facing whatever was waiting for her.

"Yoongi, your hands!" Jin's voice took me out of my thoughts.

His scream made me look at my hands in shock, and I was taken aback by the realization that my hands were covered in blood.

I looked around me, trying to figure out where the blood had come from, but there was no one else around. I slowly realized that the blood on my hands must have been Ellie's, from when I hugged her before she ran away.

I felt a wave of guilt and regret wash over me. I felt responsible for her decision to run away and I wished I could take it back. I cursed myself for letting her go.

Jin had came over with a cloth and gently wiped the blood off my hands. He looked at me with a concerned expression, but he didn't say anything.

He just quietly held my hands in his, offering me a silent comfort. I looked away, not wanting to see my shame reflected in his eyes.

"It's not yours is it," He whispered, his voice filled with compassion.

I shook my head, not trusting myself to speak. I wanted to express my regret and sorrow, but no words could express the overwhelming guilt I felt.

He squeezed my hands gently, as if trying to assure me that he understood and that it was okay.

"I think it's time to call the police," Jin said, his voice laced with determination. "We have to find her. I don't like the idea of her being out there alone, and we have to do something to help her."

"No," I said firmly. "I don't want to involve the police. We can find her ourselves, and I don't want her to get in trouble for running away. We just need to find her and make sure she's safe."

I could see the apprehension on Jin's face, but he nodded in agreement. "Okay, we'll find her ourselves then."

"Thank you, Jin," I said, relieved that he understood my hesitation.

I thanked him once more and he smiled sadly before letting me pass. I walked down the hallway and into my bedroom, feeling a heavy weight on my chest.

Opening the door to my bedroom, I sighed heavily as I stepped inside. I had a feeling of dread and guilt as I thought of Ellie out there alone with that man but I had to push these feelings aside and focus on finding her.

I lay down on my bed, my mind reeling from everything that had just happened. I felt a deep sense of guilt and responsibility for Ellie's disappearance, and I felt powerless to do anything about it.

I closed my eyes, wishing I could go back in time and change things, but all I could do was hope that we'd find her soon and that she would be safe.

I had to find a way to make sure she was safe. I looked around my room, my eyes searching for something that might give me a clue as to where she might have gone.

Suddenly, I remembered what Ellie had whispered before she ran away. "44 Briarwood Rd. New York, NY 10028." I had a feeling this was the address of the man she had run away with.

I quickly grabbed my phone and typed the address into the map app. Sure enough, it was the address of the man we were looking for.

I felt a surge of hope as I realized we were one step closer to rescuing Ellie.

I quickly put my phone down and got up from my bed. I knew I couldn't do anything tonight and I had to focus on getting some rest.

I could search for Ellie tomorrow, when I had more energy and focus. I took a few deep breaths and tried to clear my head. I knew I had to be strong for Ellie, but it was hard to shake the overwhelming guilt I felt.

I needed to get some rest if I was going to be able to find her.

I took a few more deep breaths and reminded myself that I had to stay focused on finding Ellie. I knew that I had to put aside my guilt and keep my mind clear if I wanted to find her.

After all, there was an award show that I had to go to, and I wanted to be in the right frame of mind to accept my award and do my best to bring attention to the cause I was so passionate about. . . .