First everything.

(Disclaimer! I do not own any of the photos or music in this story!/ Warning! Mentions of abuse, trauma, etc!)

New country. New School. And most importantly.. a new life.

I moved back to Korea after being in America for 5 years. My dad turned out to be abusive father and husband. So my mom took me to America after not feeling safe after leaving him. I was horribly bitter I didn't understand why we had to move as a kid. I felt as I had a dark cloud floating over me for years. I felt betrayed. Heartbroken. Like a piece of me died. But I realized sadness is a part of life. Everyone experiences it.

We moved back to Korea years later as my mom had started a very successful business and clothing brand. She is a person I admire. Even after being in a horrible relationship she managed to get back up. One person I do not admire is my father. Wow what a surprise. 

I only remembered "good" memories as a kid but now I'm realizing none of those were truly happy, they were toxic and dark. I remember as a kid he would put me in the closet as a "game".  He liked the feeling of being on top. He liked being in control. But my mom quickly noticed that wasn't a normal thing.

But I'm over that now. We have started afresh, a new start, some might say. 

~

"Park Hyejin! Come eat! Your going to be late for your late for you first day at your new school!!" My mm shouts from downstairs at the top of her lungs. 

"ugh. It's too early." I say while walking out of bed and heading towards the bathroom. I brush my teeth, wash my face, and get dressed all very quickly. 5 minutes to eat! yay.

It becomes to late to eat breakfast so I tell my mom I'm not eating and put on my shoes.

"Have a good day at your new school! Also I'm going to the company building today!" 

~

I quickly walk up towards the school before the gates close.

Tall modern buildings with a large green garden in front. I admire all the students happily walking around like there is not one problem in their lives. Must be nice.

"Park Hyejin! How great is it to have you at this school! How's your mom?" The principal says. I know he is only treating me like a princess because my mom's business has blown up.

"Yes. I'm good and my mom too."

"Great your class is room 1004 over to the right." he says as he walks away. The halls are empty and quiet as everyone is in class. 

I walk slowly up to the class not wanting to accept that everything is new now. Nothing I had is here. 

I feel a tall shoulder harshly bump into me with full force causing me to fall to the ground.

"YA." I say loudly but continue speaking quietly "What was that for? Walk straight for god's sake." I say as he turns around for not even a whole seconds and smirks. What a disrespectful asshole! I look at the clock at I am really late now. I hope that guy from earlier doesn't even go to our school. 

I walk in checking the room number and taking a deep breath. 

"Ah! Park Hyejin! Welcome! I'm Ms.Jang!"

"Hi." I say quietly as everyone stares at someone, not me but the tall guy next to me. I follow the eyes of students that end up on the same guy from earlier. 

I accidently blurt out "YOU!" and quickly bite my lip and look down. He looks shocked aswell.

"Well I guess we have two new students today! This is Nishimura Riki from Japan and Park Hyejin! Please introduce yourselves.

(when the words are slanted that means they are speaking Japanese's!)

"You just introduced us. Why should I? Ugh" that asshole says in Japanese under his breath. 

"You asshole I can speak Japanese too" I also say under my breath. He gets shocked and looks straight into my cold glare.  

"Hi I'm Nishimura Riki but call me Ni-ki." He says very shortly. 

I decide to introduce myself next and say "Hi, my name is Park Hyejin, I have been living in America for 5 years but I was born and raised in Korea."

Some people start mumbling and pointing at my knee. Ugh Please what's so wrong with my knee? 

"Park Hyejin! OMG are you okay?! What happened??" Ms.Jang says concerned and walking towards me. I look down at my knee in confusion. 

It is bleeding and gory from probably the fall earlier. Now I will actually kill that Ni-Ki kid. 

"Uhm I must have tripped." I say making up an excuse as I don't want rumors on the first day.

"Go to the nurse's office please. Oh you don't know where it is right?" Ms.Jang says as I slowly nod.

"Okay umm Jake! You take Hyejin to the nurse's office." She says while some students, mostly girls, start to glare at me and scoff. 

"Yes Ms.Jang!" He says.

~

 "Just ditch class. I can go myself." I say walking normally to the nurse's office.

"Never! I will take you. Also are you okay? It's bleeding quiet a lot!" He says trying to grab my arm to help. I shrug it off and say "No I'm fine let's just go since Ms.Jang is pretty stubborn looking."

He giggles and we arrive. 

"What's wro- OMG come sit here! We need to treat that" The nurse there says shocked and bringing a chair to me. 

"Owww" Jake says as the nurse puts a weird brown medicine onto my knee.

I scoff and ask "Your not even the one getting it?"

"Yea but it hurts me. Ouchhh. Like dat!" He says brightly.

I laugh and the nurse continues treating it.

Who is this Jake kid? He's kinda weird but I like it. 

(I hope you enjoyed this first chapter and please remember to always leave advice or comments for this story!)

Word count:944❤️❤️❤️