I like you.

"Ah! FUCKING HEESEUNG, YOU SCARED ME!" I say while breathing deeply. I hold my chest as my hear feels like it's gonna explode. I look at the front seat from the window and see tons of stuff in it. 

So I roll my eyes and open the back door to sit next to Heeseung. Why is he always with Jihyeok jeez?

"Hi!! Did you miss me?" Heeseung says to me while winking weirdly. I scoff and cringe at him. 

"No she didn't!! Why would she miss you!! Right Hyejin???!" Jihyeok responds instead of me. I laugh and close the car door. 

"Okay let's go now. I have to prepare the ingredients at home!" I say while tapping on the front seat. 

"Yea we got your stuff in the front. We got the flour, sugar, milk, and all the other things I don't remember." Jihyeok says while starting the car. 

"I got a question for both of you. How the fuck are you passing college while having so much free time?" I say questioning how they have so much time for this. 

"Hyejin don't swear. And we are not just passing we are top of our classes. Right Heeseung?" Jihyeok says while driving. 

"Yup! That's right my boiii!" Heeseung responds while giggling. They've officially gone crazy. 

"Anyway what 'friends' are coming?" Jihyeok says while emphasizing the 'friends'. 

"Uh people from school. Jukyung, Sunghoon, Sunoo, Jake, Niki, Jay, Jungwon. Why do you ask?" I respond while scrolling for recipes on my phone. 

"Oh shi- ahem. That's almost all guys right???!?!" Jihyeok says while clearing his throat in the middle of the sentence. 

"You just told me not to swear- Anyway yea except for Jukyung their all guys. Why? You worried?" I say slyly while raising my eyebrows. 

"Yes? Of course I am! How can you trust them all!?!?" Jihyeok slightly raises his voice. I flinch at the loudness of his voice echoing in the car. Ah. He is sounding just like my father. I can't run away from my past.  I take a deep breath and close my eyes for a while.  

"Jihyeok stop. Your scaring her." Heeseung says to Jihyeok.

"Omg sorry Hyejin-ah. I didn't mean too." Jihyeok says apologetically. 

"It's fine." I say while smiling although he can't see it. 

My phone starts ringing so I turn it over to see Niki calling. I awkwardly pick it up as Heeseung starts staring at the name displayed on my phone screen too. 

"H-Hello?" I say quietly. 

"Hey. I just wanted to ask you if I could come over a little earlier to help you set up or something." Niki responds. 

"no no it's fine. I can do it myself. Thanks for asking." I say trying to end the convo. 

"Are you sure? You seemed tired today at school. And I wanted to hear your voice..." Niki says making my heart flutter. 

"Uhm if you want you can come over earlier and just chill." I say quietly. Heeseung and Jihyeok start loudly talking about something making me roll my eyes. 

"Oh is that your brother?" Niki asks. 

"Ah yes. And his friend. Why?" I ask again. 

"Can you put me on speaker for a moment?" Niki asks innocently. Should I? What if he says something weird. 

"Uhm okay. But don't say anything weird." I say while pressing the button. 

"Oi Jihyeok. Niki wants to talk to you. And Niki you are on speaker now." I say waiting for what he's going to say.