Random coincidences.

"Stop!" I hear a high pitched voice say. 

I look over to see a petite pretty girl holding onto Niki's arm. 

"Uh on that thought.. Jake be nice! Niki.. Niki why are you even here?" I say trailing off into my thoughts. I rub my temples and sit down. 

"Niki was coming with me! Thanks for asking!" the girl says in a annoying way. She rolls her eyes at me and glare at Jake.

I start sipping my drink and Niki doesn't move away.

"Uhm. Ok, me and Jake will enjoy our time and you guys can too. So please move away I guess?" I suggest as I notice Niki staring at me. 

"Okay! Niki let's-" the girl gets cut off by Niki saying "Is this why you skipped?" 

"None of your business. Now stop bothering my Hyejin." Jake says while raising his eyebrows arrogantly. 

"My? Don't speak for Hyejin." they go, yet again. 

"Can you please stop! Everytime. It gives me a massive headache. Niki go enjoy your time with this pretty girlfriend you got. Okay? Now disperse!" I say while sipping my drink. Jake puts his hand on my forehead and check my temperature. This is major deja vu. 

"I'm fine Jake." I say while removing his hand. I glare at Niki to go to a different table but he doesn't get the hint.

"She's not my girlfriend." he says coldly. 

"Well not yet!!" the girl says with a little accent. 

"Niki-san she is such a bitch. Let's go sit." she says rudely in Japanese thinking I can't understand. Niki's jaw flings open and he covers his mouth with his hand. I scoff and roll my eyes at her. Jake sits in a pool of confusion as he doesn't understand Japanese. 

"It's a pity such a pretty girl like you can act like a bitch. Get in line." I say back in Japanese while holding my middle finger up. She gasps and clears her throat. They walk away and Niki signals to his phone. He mouths "t e x t m e" 

I ignore him and focus my attention back on Jake. 

"Sorryyy!" I say in a childish voice. He giggles and pats my head. I take a sigh of relief that he's not mad.

"Okay anyway, is your drink good?" I ask curiously looking at his drink.

"Yea. Wanna try?" he says with adoring eyes. 

I fall deep into his gaze for a couple seconds forgetting my surroundings. I widen my eyes and snap back into reality. 

"Sure!" I say while trying to grab his straw until his drink gets taken out of my hands. 

"Yah! who- Niki? What the fuck? Give it back!" I say realizing Niki is holding the drink. I watch him as he adds another straw to the cup. He smirks and holds the cup high so I can't reach. 

"Niki, put Jake's drink down. I'm serious! Go hangout with whoever that was! Stop bothering us!" I scold. 

"Hyejin-ah it's fine. Do you want to leave?" Jake suggests, making a big grin appear across my face.

"Sure!" I say cheerfully while grabbing onto his hand and walking out of the café. I apologize about a million times to Jake.

"I'm so sorryyy! I ruined the whole thing. I'll make it up to you!" I say while holding his arm and looking up at his puppy doll eyes. He grins and slightly blushes at the sudden contact. 

"Spending time with you is enough." Jake says while wrapping his arm around me. I smile brightly until someone runs into me causing me to trip and fall onto my hands on the ground. I wince in pain and look up to see the same girl. Who even is she?

"Hyejin!" Jake and Niki both say but Jake gets to me first as he was standing right next to me. He checks my arms and legs for any wounds. 

"You have scratches on you elbows and knees! Can you get up alone?" he says while holding my arm to help me get up. I lean onto him as I get up off the ground. 

"Hikaru why would you do that?!" Niki screams as he points at my knee.

"Eh? I didn't do it on purpose!!" she supposedly says. liar. 

"Niki it's funny how I always get hurt around you." I say sarcastically while being the only one laughing. Jake looks at me concerned. 

"Sorry. I guess I'm not funny to some people." I say again waiting for a laugh but no one does. 

"Damn you guys are a tough crowd." I say.

"Hyejin can you walk? Should we go to the hospital?" Jake finally says something. 

"No, I'm fine! Let's just get out of here." I say. Jake nods and we try to walk away until someone grabs my arm. 

"Hyejin don't go. You said you would buy me food." he says making me do a 180. 

Fuck. I did say that. 

"uh. Uhm. Maybe later? You have company so-" 

"No. Let's go now." he says while raising his eyebrows and smirking. I squeamishly suck my lips in and think about running for it.

I wave my hand at Jake so he can bend down.

I whisper into his ear "Wanna come with me? Or you can just go home. I'm sorry for everything today."

He pulls me closer and whispers back "Yea I'll come. Also stop apologizing. It's not your fault." 

Niki starts snickering and I clear my throat. 

"Can Jake come?" I ask making Niki frown. He nods slowly making me smile. 

We start walking towards different restaurants on the street as there are many. 

"Hyejin one sec. I gotta go do something. Text me when you find a location!" Jake says while giggling and walking away. I confusedly blink multiple times but continue walking. 

My knee starts to turn into blueish purple colors. I wince in the pain of the wound so I stop walking with Hikaru and Niki for a second. Wait. Why is Hikaru even here? Well I brought Jake so fair I guess. 

I sit down in a nearby bench and stare at the bruise. Hikaru starts holding Niki's arm happily. I watch and feel my heart hurting. Heartburn? What is this feeling?

I watch them as they walk away until Niki harshly shakes Hikaru off and starts running around the people on the street like crazy. He is crazy. We lock eyes and he starts running towards me. What the hell..

"Hyejin! What happened? I thought you were behind me?" Niki says while helping me get up from the bench. I act like it doesn't hurt when in reality it really does.

"Uh I got tired? yea. Anyway I don't really feel like going to eat right now." I say trying to get out of this fiasco. he shakes his head and says "Is it Hikaru? I'm sorry on her behalf. But she's my family friend so like I can't abandon her." 

"No it's not her. It's you. You always cause trouble. Like with Jake and everything. Like what makes you so... angry?" I confess finally.

"I don't know. It just happens when I see any guy with you."

~

(Sorry! This chapter was boring but hopefully I can make the next better?? Anyway xoxo, lyyy!)

Word count:1198❤️❤️❤️