Chapter 8: Hospital visit

Getting Vi to a hospital took way to long. Everyone that passed them gave them both a dirty look before moving on.

Reaching the hospital she called for help and watched the nurses load Vi onto the sketcher and bring her in the back. She sighs and sits bouncing her knee in worry. She texted her mother,father and Jayce to let them know where she was.

A few moments later both her parents showed up worry clear on their faces. Seeing that she was fine but covered in blood her father walked up. "What happened honey? Why are you here?" "A friend of mine was badly hurt..she's down from Zaun and since the shimmer problem has been bad she got beat up by one of them... she was also extremely malnourished."

As they listened her mothers face turned from disgust at the thought of a trencher to a sad look sitting beside her daughter. "I'm sure she will be fine sweetheart. Trenchers are tough. I know that from experience." With that her mom shot a knowing look to her dad who blushes slightly taking the seat on the other side of Caitlyn. "Yea, she will be fine Cait."

Not 2 hours go by before a nurse comes out towards the small family. "Are you here for Violet?" "Yes she's my....partner." She could feel her parents glare on her back as the nurse lead them through the halls.

"Extremely malnourished, broken bones, and pretty bruised. Old stitches that seemed to have never healed, and infected hands. How in the world did she end up like that?" "Shimmer, there was a guy that must be just token it? He found her and beat her before I could get there.."

"Well she's on the way to recovery, she will need to spend a few days here but then she will be fine to leave so long as she doesn't move to much or lift heavy objects." The nurse said as they pulled up to Vi'a room. "She can stay with me so I can watch over her."

The nurse smiles and lets them in muttering before leaving. Caitlyn takes the seat closest to the bed as her parents stayed standing sharing a knowing look. "We will leave you alone with her then sweetheart, should we grab anything?"

"No I can get some stuff later, sorry to sacre you."they smile and leave, leaving Caitlyn alone with a sleeping Vi. "You just attract trouble don't you.." Caitlyn muttered taking Vi's hands gently running her thumb over Vi's bandaged knuckles sighing softly as she prepares for a long Vigil.