Chapter 15- we have a cure!

Caitlyn woke up to her father shaking her shoulder gently. He had a excited glint in his eye and seemed really happy. Once he saw she was awake he gently lead her outside of the room to deliver the news.

"We found a cure for Vi!" Tobias said smiling. Caitlyn stood in shock and looking at her dad his excitement infectious. "No way really?!" "Mhm! The  department stayed up all night trying to find a good solution and we found one! You said the vial was clear right?" At Caitlyns nod he continued.

"So what we found was that it's a pain receptor attacker. It goes for every pain receptor the body has constantly. We've been testing and we found what should be the cure. The people we tested on still had slight pain but they said it was bearable. However that was because they got a small dose of the injection then the cure, Vi got a full Vial correct? She will probably still feel the pain but it would be more like a bruise then what she's feeling now."

"It would be a improvement right?" Caitlyn asked after digesting it all in. "Of course, it will be more manageable and we can give prescription pain meds if she needs them." He was suddenly knocked back as Caitlyn flew herself at him and hugging tightly.

"Thank you dad! This is incredible! Wait.. she won't be sent straight to Stillwater as soon as she's better right?" "Nope. I'm working on that, she will be free from the place and will live with us if Vi allows it." Her mother walks in hearing the two chatting. Caitlyn hugs her tightly. "Thank you mom. She doesn't need to go back there on top of everything. Speaking of I need to talk with Marcus about sending a child to Stillwater."

Her parents nodded smiling. "Alright she will be getting the antidote soon, I assume you want to stay with her for this Caitlyn?" Tobias said already knowing her answer. "Of course, it's the least I can do. Thank you so much again dad! But may I get back to her?" At her father nod she disappears into the room again leaving her parents standing there.

"How fast had Vi grown on her." Cassandra said staring fondly at the door. "Yep, they'd be cute together." "Tobias! Cmon." "What! I'm just saying!"