Chapter 13: No cure

Caitlyn woke up from a shake of her shoulder. Lifting her head from the side of the bed she takes in Vi's still form, soft whimpers could still be heard along side the beep of the heart monitor, before checking besides her. Her father stands beside her and smiles.

"Good morning kiddo.. doctor had bad news.." "what? What is? it why was I not woken?" "Relax Caitlyn, you were up all night watching her her you needed the sleep. But the bad news is as of yet there is no cure for Vi. They don't know how to counter the effects."

Caitlyn took a few seconds to take the information in before she slumped slightly. "Wh-what?! Oh god...." She fell heavily in her seat and looked over at Vi. "It's okay honey, they think if she can sleep it off, get the worst side effects off, they can give her pain meds to take so she's not in so much pain.. it's a theory at the moment." "But what if that makes it worse? We don't know what Silco used in the shot.." "I know which is why we wanted her consent first. If she wakes up hit this button and call for a doctor okay?"

Caitlyn nodded and watched her father leave before facing the fallen brawler. Laying her head on the bed she sighs. "I'm sorry this happened Vi, please wake up soon so we can help you.."

the rumbling of her stomach got her up and moving out of the room before she could think. She needed a shower and to eat something so she decided to head to her apartment for a few hours and freshen up. Looking back at Vi she smiled sadly then left the room waving at the doctors or nurses as she passed heading for the lobby.

Once out of the hospital she turned towards her apartment pulling out her phone and calling her father to let him know where she was going and if he or someone can keep a eye on Vi. He agreed immediately and ended the call just as Caitlyn reached her apartment.

Unlocking the door she first heads to her bedroom to grab a change of clothes then the bathroom stripping and taking a quick shower. Once she was clean and changed into new clothes she started cooking something simple for breakfast. As she ate she allowed her mind to wander.

What was on the front of her mind was she hoped Vi would be okay and that the doctors will find a cure. Not 5 minutes after she finished her sandwich she got a call from her father.

"Caitlyn, come back quickly. Vi woke up and... it's bad"