33. Attack in the Night

Vi had just walked in to the building nodding at a few people as she starts taking off her gauntlets. Reaching her desk she dropped her gauntlets on her desk rubbing her wrists and knuckles.

It was almost time for her and Caitlyn to head home but she knew her girlfriend would be staying late anyway to finish up paperwork so she would leave alone. Refusing to have her staying late here Vi got back up, put her gauntlets away in the amoury, then heads to Caitlyns office knocking on the door gently. "Come on in, its open." She opened the door and poked her head in.

"Hey cupckae! It's almost time to head out, you ready?" Closing the door she walks to the chair near the desk and flops down. "Sorry Vi, I need to finish some of these files, I'll see you at home okay?" Vi sighs softly. "Cmon cait, you have been working lates for the past 3 days, you can afford to miss one night." Caitlyn turned to her with a stern expression. "Vi you know for a fact that I can't do that. We still have a ton to do, now that Silco is in jail we need to work on getting Shinmer out of the the Undercity and Piltover, get those who struggle with shimmer addiction into rehab."

Vi shrunk back slightly at the attack of words before just nodding. "Okay okay!" At least work at apartment?" "No vi, just head home alright? I'll be home shortly after."With a sigh Vi nodded and left the department heading towards their shared apartment. Pulling her hood up to hide her head and face. Although she spent 5 years in Piltover, some people refuse to see her as anything other than a troublemaker Zauntie.

She failed to see the movements in the shadows until it was to late. Managing to just bearly dodge she backed up to put space but the shadow moved fast. It seemed to know her fighting skills and had dodged every single hit landing had shots to her in response. Pushing her into a hidden alley he just smirked and with a hard punch to the head was knocked cold.

The shadow just snuffed leaving a note and disappearing back down to Zaun. All the way down to the ChemBarons. He entered and headed straight for a huge tank bowing infront of it.

"Soon we will show all of Piltover, and that sheriff who truly runs the underground and Piltover!"