25. Worse fo wear

It had been a few hours before Tobias walked back to his daughter. Gently shaking her awake he watched patiently as she rubbed her eyes and stretched out. "Dad..? Why do you look so grim.? What's wrong?" "Caitlin honey, come with me okay? She has a room and you can see her. But I must warn you it's not a pretty sight.."

Caitlin followed her father to Vi's room as he listed injuries. The reached the door and her father turned to Caitlin. "Listen hon, be strong for her okay? It's not a nice sight.. there's one other thing I need to tell you but don't freak out." At Caitlin's slight nod her father went on "she had flatlined twice during surgery. She could have slight brain damage but for now she's on life support.."

Caitlyn gasped softly tears slowly forming. "She just nearly pulled through the second surgery but she slipped to a coma, we are not sure if she will wake back up.."

"Thank you dad.. for telling me this.." "no problem Caitlin. I'll leave you two alone." He Walks off probably to find her mom as Caitlin stood at the door. Finally opening it she caught sight of Vi. The usually brash, hard-headed brawler was really still and seemed small connected to all the medical stuff keeping her alive.

Caitlyn picked her way over to the bedside and immediately sat down grabbing Vi's hand gently and rubbing circles. "Cmon Vi, please wake up soon...

Caitlyns night was spent at the bedside of her brawler praying that she would wake up soon.