5. Cat Fingers

Just hit over 10k reads and 1k votes. Thank you so much everyone! ! :D

It was another day in Beach city and Greg was washing a van modeled in the image of Mayor Dewey with Steven and Y/n helping him.

"Almost done!" Greg calls out as he sprays the van with a hose. "Thanks again Y/n for agreeing to help us out with this one." Greg says.

"No worries. I didn't exactly have plans today to begin with." Y/n admits and Greg smiles with a nod. "I mean if you looking for some part time help, I could always do with a job." Y/n says truthfully.

Greg muses. "Well we never really get busy busy, but it could be nice to have some company around here. Certainly would stop me falling asleep on the job." He says to himself. "Why don't you come tomorrow and I'll give you a trial shift for the day."

"I'll be here." Y/n says as he wipes the van down with a smile.

"Steven, get the hubcaps!" Greg says to Steven now.

"Hubbing it up!" Steven says as he rubs the van's hubcaps vigorously.

"Hub it good! This is a high-profile job." Greg says now.

"You mean cause it's the mayor's election-mobile?" Steven asks.

"If we do this right, we might get political favors!" Greg says dramatically.

"I'm not sure what that is, but I like it!" Steven replies as he grabs a nearby hose. Steven turns on the hose to spray the van, but the water arches over the van and splashes onto Greg by mistake. Greg laughs and sprays back at Steven with his hose, starting a water fight. At that moment Mayor Dewey then walks in towards them.

"Hey, hey, hey! I'm not paying for father-son bonding here!" He calls out and  Steven turns around accidently spraying him with his hose.. "Universe! Control that kid!" Mayor Dewey says annoyed as he tries to wipe the water off himself.

"Steven!" Greg calls out as he holds Steven close to him. "Hehe, I'm sorry, Mayor Dewey. Hehehe, this one's on the house."

Mayor Dewey begins examining his van. "On the house, eh? I like the way you do business, Universe." Mayor Dewey gets into the van and drives off, with a siren chanting "Mayor Dewey". 

"That's really not a good way to do business Greg." Y/n says to him. 

Greg just sighs in dismay.

Steven wiggles his fingers. "Political favors!"

"Ahh, you rascal!" Greg cries as he picks Steven up and noogies him. "Enough with the hose fights!"

Steven laughs. "Aw, okay." But both Steven and Greg are suddenly splashed by some water and they turn to Y/n assuming it to be him but they see he has no hose in his hand.