94. I Am My Mom

When Steven had regained consciousness, he quickly rushed back to the temple and started to explain the latest crisis to the Crystal Gems at his home.

"This is an emergency!" Steven cries.

"Why is Homeworld stealing humans from the boardwalk?"

"I don't know, but they're only taking my friends! They even got Connie! If we don't do something, they're going to take them into space!" Steven cires.

"And our spaceship got jacked." Amethyst says.

"So if they leave Earth..." Y/n says understanding what Amethyst was implying.

"They'll be gone for good." Garnet says.

"Ugh! Who were these guys?" Amethyst groans.

"That little Gem I saw before, her name's Aquamarine." Steven tells them now.

"What?!" Pearl cries.

"She's got a big friend...a fusion, named... Topaz." Steven follows up with. 

"A Topaz fusion... And an Aquamarine?" Y/n says.

"Are they a big deal?  Amethyst asks.

"Uhh, yes!" Pearl tells her. "Blue and Yellow Diamond must have sent them personally."

"The Diamonds? " Y/n asks then rubs his eyes. "This just got more troublesome..."

"Oh no! They must be collecting more humans for the zoo!" Steven says.

"But there's loads of humans on Earth. Why are they only grabbing your friends?" Amethyst says confused.

"Maybe... Because my friends are the best!" Steven suggests but the Gems look away in uneasy, when Steven's phone starts buzzing.

Steven gasps. "It's from Connie! I know where they are!"

Steven was looking at the photo he had received from Connie revealing the entrance of Funland. 

"Stay alert. They could be anywhere." Garnet tells the group.

"Did Connie send you any more pictures?" Y/n asks Steven.

"No, nothing." Steven says worried.

"We know they're here somewhere." Pearl says before she and the other Gems run on ahead, leaving Y/n and Steven behind, and Steven begins whisper-yelling for his friends.

"Connie? Lars? Sadie? Onion?" 

"I still don't understand why the Diamonds would want them specifically." Y/n whispers.

Steven tries calling Connie's cellphone, and the song Alone Together is heard in the distance. Y/n and Steven run towards the source of the music and find Connie's phone on the ground. The Crystal Gems also come walking in too, after hearing the music. Y/n crouches down as he picks up the phone.

Pearl gasps. "W-Was that Connie's pho..."

Heavy footsteps are then heard from behind Steven. He peeks behind from the corner of his eyes and spots Topaz peeking out from behind the merry-go-round.

Aquamarine pops out from behind Topaz now. "Oh, no!" ♪ You found us. ♪

Onion and Sadie in Topaz's body peek out too, mumbling frantically.

Jamie pops out next. "Help!"

"Give it up, Aquamarine! There's nowhere to run!" Steven tells her.

"Oh, what's this, now? Did you think we were running away?" Aquamarine asks.