53. The answer

We have already reached over 350k in reads! 

Y/n and Steven were fast asleep on a mattress in the back of a truck in the barn, Steven was snoring loudly while Y/n lay more spread out.

 A shadowy figure then approaches the two as their shadow covers the tow, and Steven snores a final time before waking up.

"Steven!" Garnet says excitedly, without her visors on.

Steven gasps as Y/n wakes up now. "What's going on?" He asks as he sits up and rubs his eyes. "Garnet? Is it morning already?" He asks tired.

Garnet grins. "It's midnight!" She announces before she turns to Steven now with a grin. "Happy birthday, Steven!"

"Steven it's your birthday today!?" Y/n asks. "You never said."

Steven laughs and grabs his cheeks, then sits up and grabs Garnet's cheeks. "Oh man! Are you finally gonna tell me that you're a fusion of the Gems Ruby and Sapphire like you promised?" Steven asks.

"You both already know about all that, Steven." Garnet says.

Steven sighs. "It's true." He lets go of Garnet and falls back into bed.

"But what you two don't know is how Ruby and Sapphire first met." Garnet says.

Steven sits back up and grabs Garnet's cheeks again, blushing with stars in his eyes. "O-M-G! I don't!" Steven says excited to learn.

"The Earth, 5,750 years ago, it was a promising site of a new Gem colony, but progress was being thwarted by a small, persistent group of rebels. A team of diplomatic Gems were sent from Homeworld to investigate. Among those Gems was Sapphire, a rare aristocratic Homeworld Gem, with the power to see into the future. Assigned to her were three Rubies, common soldiers, with a mission to protect her." Garnet begins and the scene changes to a flashback.

The first Ruby guard walks up to second Ruby Guard. "Hey! Can't wait for those rebels to get here!"

"Haha, yeah! When I see those rebels, I'm gonna punch them right in their faces!" The second replies.

"What are you sayin'? I'm gonna punch them all over their bodies, and then it'll be over."

"What if, I just punch you!" The second Ruby says.

She punches the first Ruby Guard playfully in the back of her shoulder, sticking her tongue out, and the Ruby Guard yelped out in pain.

"Oh, come on. We'll punch 'em together when we fuse. That's why they sent, uh, three of us?" The third Ruby says.

"Three this!" The first Ruby guard says and she attempts to punch the third Ruby, but she blocks the attack. The Ruby was knocked backwards, causing her to collide into Sapphire. On looking Gems gasped in shock as Ruby quickly stepped away from Sapphire.

"Oh, I, um, I'm so sorry, I, let me, uh..." The third Ruby quickly says nervously.

"I'm fine." Sapphire says.

"What?" The Ruby asks.

"It's okay. It was bound to happen." Sapphire brushes it off.

" I, uh... okay." The Ruby says confused.

"Now please wait here. I must attend to my duties." Sapphire says.

"Right." The Ruby says

"Mmm."