89. Room for Ruby

We have just hit 750,000 reads! Wow...that's more than the Black Gem had by the end of it's run and we still have so much left to cover...Thank you everyone!

Steven and Garnet were standing on the porch of the beach house stargazing, when a shooting star passed by.

"Ooh! There's one! Garnet, you gotta make a wish!" Steven says to her excitedly.

"All right." Garnet says unsure.

"Close your eyes!" Steven instructs her..

Garnet seemingly closes her eyes under her visor.

"All of them..." Steven says looking at Garnet.

"Ok, ok." Garnet chuckles.

"Now make your wish. But don't tell me what it is." Steven tells her before he pauses for a bit, then whispers. "Garnet, what did you wish for?"

"I wished..." Garnet begins. "For another shooting star so that you could make a wish."

Steven blushes. "Oh my gosh."

Steven gasps as he spots a red shooting star in the sky. "Garnet! It worked!"

Distant screaming is then heard as the "star" nears.

"Is that star... screaming?" Steven asks confused.

The screaming "star" crashes onto the beach in front of the beach house.

"What's that?!" Steven cries as he and Garnet quickly run down to the beach, and see a Ruby lying in a crater.

"It's Navy!" Steven says in shock.

"That's... a Ruby." Garnet comments.

At that moment Steven's phone begins to ring and he takes it out of his pocket to see it was Y/n calling him. Steven answers

"Hello?" Steven says as he holds the phone up to his ear.

"Hey Steven, Look I'm pretty sure you saw or heard it already but, I saw something falling from the sky in the temple's direction from my bedroom window."

"It's Navy she came back." Steven tells Y/n.

"...Navy?" Y/n asks confused..

" The Rubies. Don't you remember? I gave them all names. This one's Navy, 'cause her gem is on her navel." Steven explains.

"Oh. I finally get it." Garnet says to herself behind Steven.

"Alright, I'll head over in a minute then buddy." Y/n sighs as he hangs up now.

Navy climbs out of the crate and jumps towards Steven, who quickly summons his bubble shield around him and Garnet.

"Oh please! Oh please! Don't make me go back to Homeworld! Oh, I wanna stay here with you." Navy begs.

"This... is a surprise." Garnet says.

Steven pops his bubble. "You... wanna live on Earth?"

"Yeah. All the other Rubies are mean to me. I just want to be somewhere where I can be myself." Navy says.

"You're not mad at us from before?" Steven asks her.

"What do you mean?" Navy asks.

"You know, about tricking you into playing baseball?" Steven says cautiously.