59. Gem Drill

"Steven!" Y/n voice calls out and Steven jolts awake, back in his body at the barn, as the ground shakes and cracks. The chalkboard then falls on top of him, with the illustration reading "Cluster Emerges, Bye Bye Earth", and Steven screams in fright. Peridot is already standing atop a ladder leading into the cockpit of the drill.

"If two you're done just lazing there, maybe it's about time that we stop the world from ending!"  Peridot cries to Y/n and Steven.

"Where are the others?" Y/n asks Steven now as he helps him up a the two quickly head towards the ladder to the drill.

"They're stuck on Mask Island. We have to drill without them!" Steven says.

"Ugh!" Peridot groans. "AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO UNDERSTANDS THE MEANING OF TEAMWORK?! Okay, Y/n, Steven, are you two ready to drill down into the planet to depths never before reached by your species to stop the Cluster before it forms and save your world!?" Peridot asks them

"I don't know!" Steven says nervously.

"Don't say that!" Peridot cries. "Say, we'll do it together and it's gonna be great!"

"Peridot, Steven We're gonna do it together and it's gonna be great!" Y/n tells them both.

"LIAR!" Peridot cries out panicked.

As the ground continues to shake more violently, Y/n, Peridot and Steven scamper into the drill's cockpit. Because of the lack of space Peridot has to sit in between Y/n's leg as she grabs the Drill's steering mechanism.

"Ready or not, we have a mission." Peridot says as she starts up the drill and it begins digging into the ground.  "Increasing speed!" The drill then quickly dive into the ground, digging deeply as it traverses.

"Alright. Bracing for impact." Steven says tensly.

"It's actually two more hours to the cluster." Peridot informs them.

"Oh." Steven says.

"Wish I could of brought a guitar or something  to pass the time." Y/n sighs as he adjusts his legs slightly which were already beginning to feel uncomfortable as he accommodated Peridot.

Peridot presses a button that  turns on some elevator music now.

"Uh, thanks." Steven says.

Steven, Y/n and Peridot remain silent as the drill continues to dig further downwards. Steven's eyes are filled with anguish as he watches the layers of rock pass by. He shuts his eyes tightly, shakes his head and begins talking to Y/n and Peridot as a distraction.

"It's kinda... freaky down here, huh?" He asks them.

"Just a little." Y/n says back.

"Why's that?" Peridot asks.

"It's just dark, and cramped... Ngah, I can't even, gah, stretch out." Steven complains.

The compartment rumbles momentarily, and Steven, Y/n and Peridot look around in worry.

"How'd you think you were gonna get everyone in here anyway?" Steven asks Peridot.

"I don't know, they'd shrink or something. We didn't have a lot of time to plan. Hence why I am having to sit between Y/n's Gravity connecters." Peridot grumbles.

"Legs Peridot. They're called legs..." Y/n corrects her only to get an annoyed sound from Peridot in return. "What's the plan anyway?" Y/n asks now wanting to change the topic slightly.