95. Stuck Together

Steven was being held in the hands of a Topaz.

"The Rose Quartz. Can you believe it? And she just handed herself in." Aquamarine says giddy.

"That's right. You caught me. Galactic Criminal Rose Quartz. I love shattering Diamonds. I just want to shatter 'em all the time." Steven folds his arms.

Aquamarine floats down to Steven's level. "You think shattering's bad? Wait till the Diamonds get their hands on you."

"At least everyone else is safe." Steven says.

Just then, the other Topaz brings Lars and a still knocked out Y/n up from the basement of the ship.

" What are you doing? Let go of us!" Lars grunts. "Steven!"

"What the... Y/n!? Lars?!" Steven cries shocked to see them.

"Oh! Looks like we got one of the humans anyway. Don't know what we'll do with just two of them, but I guess that's for the Diamonds to decide." Aquamarine comments.

"Wait! Aquamarine, the deal is off!" Steven says. "You were only supposed to take me! No humans!" He points at Y/n and Lars. "That's a human!"

"Oh, no. Is Rosie upset 'cause her widdle "deal" didn't work? Look. I'm so moved, I'm crying." Aquamarine laughs tauntingly. "Just kidding. That's my gem. Topaz, what do you think? Should we let her friend go?"

The Topazes stand in silence.

"I agree." Aquamarine laughs again. "Go on. Do your thing."

"Oh, no, no, no. Not again." Lars begins to say as the Topazes begin to fuse together, merging Steven, Y/n and Lars within their body.

"I'll go let the Diamonds know about our little prisoner. Say, Rose, how do I look?" Aquamarine asks Steven.

"Awful, small, and mean!" Steven says annoyed.

Aquamarine just laughs. "Is that how you flattered so many Gems into joining your rebellion? How cute." She pulls Steven's cheek. "Topaz, I trust you'll still be able to fly the ship despite your... you know... additions?" She laughs and flies up to her seat.

Aquamarine's Ship activates the gravity engine and begins to warp through space, 

Topaz was now sat down in a chair as she piloted the ship in silence.

"Steven, this is all your fault. All this weird alien stuff- this is 'cause of you, isn't it?" Lars shouts.

"Yes, of course it is! That's why I turned myself in, to save all of you!" Steven tells him.

"Well, it didn't really work out too well, did it?" Lars scoffs.

"Well everyone else managed to get off the ship. So, what were you doing?"  Steven asks Lars.

"I ran and hid, Steven, like any sensible person would... do, if they wanted to get trapped on a ship. Oh." Lars begins to realize it was his own fault he was still on the ship.

"Lars..." Steven says sympathetically. 

Lars looks down now. "Y//n got hurt and Sadie was in trouble, and I didn't do anything. Actually, wait. I did do something. I ran and hid just like I always do. Just like I ran from the potluck."

"But you were abducted. That's not your fault." Steven says.

"No, I trashed my roll and ran away. Then I was abducted. Oh, why couldn't I just let people eat my food?!" Lars says annoyed.