68. Restaurant Wars

Y/n and Steven were walking up to the Fry shop, and Steven silently starts slamming his fists on the counter, as an unamused Peedee watches.

"Give...! me...! the...!" Steven quietly starts to chants.

"Just hurry up and say it, Steven." Peedee says.

"Mmh." Steven hums. "Actually... what else you got?" He asks.

"You could order actual fries." Peedee suggests.

"Nah! Let's really try and shake things up today. I want to order "off-menu"." Steven says as he makes air quotes.

"You always order off menu, Steven." Y/n jokes. 

Peedee sighs. "Let me see what I can find. I'll be back in a sec." He walks off inside the shop.

"Thanks Peedee I really appreciate it!" Steven says.

A few moments later Peedee returns enthusiastically back to Steven and Y/n.

"Steven! Check this out! Boom!" Peedee puts a tray of mozzarella sticks on the counter.

"Mozzarella sticks!?" Steven says as he picks up the tray and examines them. "With all the fixin's?!"

"Hey, those don't look to bad." Y/n says as he goes to take one.

"I can't believe it either! They were way back in the freezer for some reason." Peedee says.

"...Never mind." Y/n say putting his hand down now.

 "Feels good to fry something else for a change." Peedee says content.

"Thanks, Peedee!" Steven says as he and Y/n start to walk down the boardwalk and Steven begins taking a bite out of one of the mozzarella sticks. 

"How is it?" Y/n asks slightly worried.

"It's really good!" Steven says with his mouth full.

The two pass by Fish Stew Pizza, when Kofi Pizza suddenly bursts out of the door.

"STEVEN!" Kofi shouts as he  rushes in front of Steven. "What is this!?"

"Um..." Steven stammers with his mouth full of cheese.

"Bread... Cheese... Marinara sauce!? The basic elements of a pizza! Where did it come from?" Kofi asks.

Steven points to Beach Citywalk Fries behind him.

"Fryman... infringing on my business?! I have been ready for this day!" Kofi says narrowing hsi eyes and he walks back into Fish Stew Pizza and puts up a new sign, that says 'Now serving fries'.

"Now serving... fries?!" Steven says shocked.

Mr Fryman then suddenly appears from behind Steven.

"So... it begins anew. Eh, Kofi?" Fryman says.

"Just like old times, Fryman." Kofi says back.

"KOFIIIII!"

"FRYMAAAAANN!"

"RES-TAU-RANT WAAAAAAAR!!!!!!" Kofi and Fryman shout in unison.

Steven and Y/n watch in confusion, as the two shouts at each other.

It was a few days later and the boardwalk is seen littered with fries, ketchup, pizza slices and pizza crusts. Several people are also seen outside the two restaurants, murmuring with nausea and discomfort. Y/n and Steven come walking in, passing by a shirt shop as a store employee hides in fear and nearly stepping on a person lying face-down on the ground.