84. Gem Heist

The Crystal Gems arrive in the Roaming Eye at Pink Diamond's Zoo, which is being watched by a Red Eye.

"The human zoo. I can't believe it still exists." Pearl says in disbelief.

"Y/n and Dad have gotta be in there. We just have to find him and bust him out." Steven says.

The Roaming Eye enters the ship hangar of the zoo via its ring. The Crystal Gems gasp as they notice the two Amethyst guards standing at the entrance door.

"Those Gems." Amethyst says nervously.

"Amethyst guards. Right, like we could just waltz up as an ownerless Pearl, a fusion and... and you." Pearl points at Steven.

"We just need disguises. I'll be Esteban Universidad." Steven says.

"Steven, it doesn't matter what your name is. We're all going to stand out!" Pearl tells him.

At that moment, Garnet unfuses into Ruby and Sapphire.

"We won't stand out if we play the roles we were made for." Sapphire says.

"Ruby! Sapphire!" Steven says happy to see them.

"Okay, everybody. Hear her out." Ruby tells them.

"Today, I'm a Sapphire traveling with my Ruby guard, and my personal Pearl. Esteban, I've brought you as an offering for the zoo." Sapphire explains.

"Pobrecito Esteban!" Steven cries dramatically.

"Uhh... What about me?" Amethyst asks.

"You're accompanying me as extra muscle." Sapphire asks.

"Muscle like them?" Amethyst points at the Amethyst guards outside.

"Exactly." Sapphire says.

"But I've never even seen another Amethyst before. What do I do? What if I say something wrong?" Amethyst worries.

"Just look the part. You're new and we're rusty, but we just have to sell this long enough to find Y/n and Greg." Sapphire says now.

"Is this really going to work?" Pearl asks.

"...No." Sapphire admits and everyone gasps in shock. 

"Just, stick together! Play it straight! Let's... change the future!" Sapphire forces a smile.

Sapphire, Ruby, holding Steven, Pearl and Amethyst, shapeshifted to look like a regular Amethyst guard, begin walking out of the Roaming Eye towards the guarded door.

"You'll never cage me, you rockheads!" Steven says as Ruby holds his arms behind his back.

The Crystal Gems encounter the Amethyst guards, who look at them suspiciously.

"State your purpose." One of the guards says.

"I'm here to make a delivery to the human zoo." Sapphire informs them.

"Bad news, The human zoo shut down." The guard says as she inches towards Steven. "Which means, we'll just have to throw you in space."

Steven whimpers in fear.

"Heh, look. He believed me." The guard says as the Amethyst guards start chuckling, when an different looking Gem enters and glares at them.

"What are you doing?" She asks startling them.

"Nothing, Holly Blue Agate." The Amethysts quickly say in unison as they stand in attention.

Holly Blue then notices Sapphire, gasps in shock and kicks one of the Amethyst guards in her legs. "Why didn't you tell me there was a Sapphire here?! What have you miscreants been saying to them!?"