11. Lars and the cool kids

It was another day in Beach city and Y/n was walking on the board walk as he headed into Fish stew pizza. He had tired their pizza when Steven had brought some back to the temple with the gems a while ago. Today however he felt like trying it out for himself in the restaurant, As he entered however a small group noticed him. 

"Hey, I've seen you around. You're new to Beach City right?" A girl asks Y/n.

"That's right. I moved here a few weeks ago with my dad." Y/n tells her.

"Well I'm Jenny. This is Buck and Sour Cream." Jenny says introducing herself.

"Sup." Buck says.

"Hey man." Sour Cream lazily waves

"Nice to meet you, I'm Y/n." Y/n returns their greeting.

"So what brings you guys to Beach City? It's kind of like in the middle of nowhere." Jenny asks curious.

"It's...a long story." Y/n says.

"Why don't you join us then and tell us your story." Buck says.

"Yeah man." Sour Cream agrees.

Y/n thinks for moment before he gives a shrug and joins them at their table. While he enjoyed hanging out with Steven he also figured it would be good to have friends of his own age to hang around with sometimes.

Meanwhile the Gems are standing at the top of a cliff, overlooking a moss-covered swamp. Steven is seen hopping on the rocks in the swamp.

"This doesn't look good at all." Pearl comments.

Steven was on a rock, reaching to touch the moss. "Whoa! Cool!"

"No, Steven! Don't go near that stuff!" Pearl and Amethyst call out to him. 

The moss starts crawling towards Steven. Garnet throws a nearby boulder at the rock Steven is standing on, catapulting him into the air.

"WHOA!!!" Steven cries in suprise as he then lands on Pearl. "Steven's here!"

Pearl puts Steven down. "You have to be careful, Steven!"

"Why?" He asks as a duck is seen attempting to sit on a floating log in the swamp, when the moss engulfs the log. "What is that stuff?"

"It's the moss that Rose Quartz raised on the hill." Garnet tells.

"My mom planted this stuff?" Steven asks surprised.

"Rose Quartz used to climb that hill every spring and tend to the moss at the top." Pearl explains and she projects a hologram of Rose at the top of a hill. "But now that Rose is gone, The moss is on the move!"

"It's lost." Steven says looking at it sadly.

"It's not lost. It's gross." Amethyst comments.

"Yes, but Rose loved it anyway. She saw the beauty in everything, no matter how gross." Pearl says as she flicks her hair. "Fortunately, I know just what to do in this situation."

The Crystal Gems gets off the cliff and onto ground level. Garnet, Amethyst and Steven sit down on the ground, as they watch what Pearl is going to do. She then strikes a pose. "Twooooh!" She cries as she begins doing a dance. "Haaaaaah!" Pearl's gem starts to glow.

"This is why I get up in the morning!" Steven whispers to a bored Amethyst.

A small glowing object appears out of Pearl's gem and into Steven's hands, revealing a roll of yellow tape reading "POLICE LINE".