34. The Return

Steven and Greg visits the BC Fries, as Steven slams his fists on the counter in slow motion to get his regular order. "Give me the... " He starts to say but gets interrupted by a bag of fry bits pushed in front of him. "Oh, thanks!"

"Eh, I saw you guys coming." Peedee admits.

"Are you closing up all by yourself?" Greg asks him.

"Yeah, it's just me tonight." Peedee replies.

"Wow, that's a lot of responsibility for a kid your age. Your dad must really trust you." Greg says impressed.

Peedee looks at him unamused. "Don't patronize me, sir."

"See you, Peedee!" Steven says as he and Greg leave Beach Citywalk Fries and walk towards the beach.

"So, like I was saying, Peridot's been shooting huge robots here from space. And when you smash them, they explode into goo!" Steven explains as he eats a handful of bits.

"That sounds scary. You know, I'm not sure if... Do you ever feel like this Gem stuff is too much for you?" Greg asks Steven.

"What are you..." Steven starts to ask when the area suddenly rumbles as a loud noise is heard, causing Steven to trip over and shattering the windows of local businesses and homes. Everyone then look up to the sky in shock.

"What the hey was that?" Greg asks in shock.  "...Steven?""

Steven looks up at the sky too and see a giant green hand approaching from the atmosphere. "Is that... a hand?" Steven asks.

The Gems are gathered at the beach, observing the occurrence through a telescope.

"The Light Cannons should be ready." Pearl says to Garnet and Amethyst.

" Guys!" Steven cries as he runs in with Greg. "Did you see that thing in the sky?"

"Hey!" A voice cries out the group all turn to see Y/n. "I started rushing over as soon as all the windows smashed. Is it..." 

"It's a ship. We have to assume it's Peridot." Pearl confirms.

"Lapis told us she'll be coming. With advanced weapons and reinforcements."

"It's really happening..." Y/n comments.

"I wanna see." Steven says as he looks into the telescope and sees the green hand pointing towards him. "Woah."

"Ready the light cannons!" Garnet instructs.

Pearl activates a lever and the Quartizine Trio appear from under the deck of the Beach House. Amethyst pushes the fourth Laser Light Cannon from Greg's storage unit into position on the porch.

"Steven, light them up." Garnet tells him.

"If every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs." Steven says into a walkie talkie.

The phrase is spoken through another walkie talkie strapped near the deck, activating all four Light Cannons. Four Rose-shaped beams are fired and twirl towards the hand ship. The ship opens itself into a palm and blocks the attack, and continues to descend in a pointing position.

Garnet was looking through the telescope. "No effect."

"What now?" Greg asks her.

"We'll have to take them head on. The whole town might be in danger." Garnet admits.