45. Keystone Motel

Pearl is seen warping onto the temple Warp Pad, and she flinches when she hear someone calling out to her. She turns around to see Y/n and Steven.

"Pearl! Where have you been?"  Steven asks as he runs to Pearl.

"Uh, looking for Peridot! ... For a few days straight... Steven...Y/n, I know I might have... disappointed... all of you. I know Garnet is very upset with me, but I'm going to prove to her that she can trust me again!"

"Garnet has every right to be mad at you Pearl." Y/n says now. "You took her trust and abused it." He comments.

"I..." Pearl starts but she knows he is right. "...Are you mad at me too?" She asks not knowing if she wanted to hear the answer.

"I'm not mad with you Pearl, but I am disappointed." Y/n sighs and Pearl looks at him sadly. "You could have put us in a lot of danger. Now you need to deal with the consequences of that." 

Garnet then walks in through the front door.

"Oh! Garnet!" Pearl says noticing her and she runs up to her. "I was just looking for Peridot! She's bound to be somewhere, right? Any new ideas?" 

Garnet however says nothing, and walks past her.

"I'm sorry..." Pearl says looking down.

Garnet stops walking but doesn't turn around.

Greg's voice is soon heard from outside, as he bursts in through the front door. "Who wants to go on a road trip?! Everyone looks at him, all looking unhappy. "Umm... Is this a bad time?" He asks feeling awkward.

"No. Please continue." Garnet says as she approaches Greg.

"Well I gotta drive over to the next state, Keystone." Greg starts.

"You mean the Keystone state?" Pearl asks.

"Right, the state named Keystone. I met a guy on an internet message board who's selling car wash brushes for real cheap! I just gotta meet him in Keystone and pick em' up!"

"That sounds kind of dodgy..." Y/n comments.

"I don't like those brushes, they feel weird on your fur." Steven adds.

"Wait...are you talking about those cat fingers you had once?" Y/n shivers at the thought.

"Well, do you like motels?" Greg asks Steven.

"Probably!" Steven answers.

"Think you'd like to stay at a motel with your favorite dad?" Greg asks next.

"I don't know if you're my favorite..." Steven jokingly says.

"What?" Greg asks shocked before he realizes Steven is joking. "Huh... oh, you kidder! Come here!"

Steven jumps into Greg's arms. "I can't wait to get room service!"

"You're thinking of a hotel Steven." Y/n tells him.

"We're going to a motel Stu-ball. It'll have a pool, and free ice, and it's right next to The Best Diner in the World!"

"I'm coming too." Garnet suddenly says .

"What?" Pearl asks in shock as even Y/n and Greg look at her surprised.

Steven gasps. "Even better!"

"Hey, Garnet, I know I'm talking this place up, but... it ain't exactly the Ritz." Greg whispers to her.