25. The Test

Rain water drips from a hole in the ceiling, crudely mended with a few planks nailed into it, into a pot. Lion is napping nearby while Y/n stroked his mane. He was with Steven and the Crystal Gems are playing a board game.

"Ooh hoo! You've got freezer burn, Pearl! Looks like you lose all your fish sticks." Steven laughs.

"What? I needed those for my bachelor meal combo. Now I can't ring the dinner bell." Pearl complains and pulls out a very long list of game rules and reads it. "These rules make no sense." She says to herself.

"The game of "Citchen Calamity" may be played for fun, but the hunger is real!" Steven says seriously.

Amethyst starts laughing. "Tough break, Pearl." She picks up a game card and reads it. "The sponge in your sink is covered in mold." But I can still eat it, right?"

"No, no, that means that you lose two turns." Steven tells her.

"That's baloney!" Amethyst cries.

Pearl who was still reading the rules list, looks at Amethyst in surprise. "What? You have a "bologna" card?"

"You're turn Y/n!" Steven cheers and Y/n removes his hand form Lion's mane to pick up a card.

"You're staff have rebelled in the kitchen, lose a turn." Y/n says reading the card and he sighs. "Never should have hired cheap." He chuckles and jokes to himself.

"Garnet, your move." Steven says.

Garnet picks up a different game card and reads it. "I'm now the owner of the "Golden Can Opener... Yesssss." Garnet says.

"Now you can check your soups for the alphabet bonus." Steven tells her.

"Who wrote this game?" Pearl asks still confused.

"My turn!" Steven cheers as he reads another game card and gasps. "I've gotta roll the dice to escape the eggquake!" H presses the game blender which rolls game dices. "C'mon, papa needs a new skillet! "

The dices emerge from underneath the blender, both displaying an "egg" face. 

"Yeah! Double sunnies! I did it!" Stevenm cheers and he moves his player piece across the game board. "I win! Yeah! This Citchen Calamity has been cleaned up! Woohoo!" He laughs.

"I don't get it, but nice job." Amethyst starts clapping.

"Yes, well done." Pearl starts to clap as well. "That was very, very complicated."

"Nice game little man." Y/n says.

"Well played." Garnet pets Steven.

Steven giggles and blushes. "So, what do you want to play next?" Steven asks as he walks to a closet.

"There are more?" Pearl asks surprised.

"Steven looks through the closet. "Oh sure. I got "Polly Polly", "Toppler", "Conquerors of Eldermore", "Not That Sorry", "Don't Wake Father Figure", and "Non-Invasive Operation". I think that one's missing a couple organs. I also have checkers, if you want to take tur.." The Moon Goddess Statue rolls out of the closet. "The Sea Spire statue..."

"Oh wow, now that's a throwback..." Y/n says surprised to see it.

Amethyst scoffs and laughs. "Oh, so that's where you left it." Pearl looks at her annoyed.

"I... forgot I still had this." Steven picks it up and looks at it in guilt. "I... I'm really sorry I forgot it on our mission that time."

"Oh, Steven." Pearl says.