49. Catch and Release

Y/n and Steven were prepping themselves for bed by brushing their teeth, cleaning their faces and Steven swabbing his ear. Steven then sits on the closed toilet lid, lifts up his pajamas shirt and wipes his gem. The clean gem reflects his face on it, and Y/n gives him a thumbs-up.

"Goodnight Y/N!" Steven calls out from his room. 

"Goodnight Steven." Y/n says as he settles down on the couch.

Steven dives into his bed and lays upright.

"Goodnight, Happy Bear. Goodnight, Sad Bunny. Goodnight, Playful Kitty. Goodnight, Ominous Triangle at the foot of my bed." Steven says as he closes his eyes to sleep. He then opens his eyes again, and the Ominous Triangle has disappeared.

"Ugh, whatever." Steven closes his eyes and smiles.

Peridot's hand then closes over Steven's mouth, causing him to scream-muffled and struggle.

Y/n however hears the commotion and gets up. He quickly walks up the steps to see Peridot grabbing Steven and he quickly opens his mouth to shout for the the gems. Peridot is quick to raise her other arm and aim a charged blaster at him.

"Not a word, The Y/n." She warns him and Y/n puts his hands up.

Peridot warps into the Galaxy Warp, with her blaster arm pointed at Y/n and other carrying a struggling Steven.

"Aargh, let me go! " Steven screams.

"Put him down Peridot." Y/n tells her.

"Enough of this!" Peridot sighs as she drops Steven onto the ground and lifts him and Y/n up with her tractor beam and hovers them over the Gem Homeworld Warp Pad.

"What do you want from us?" Steven asks. 

Peridot begins walking towards Homeworld Warp Pad. "I want, to get off this lousy gem-forsaken planet!" She tells them.

"Huh?" Y/n says confused but Peridot disables her tractor beam and both Y/n and Steven fall to the ground.

Peridot shapes her fingers into arrows and points them at the warp pad she, Y/n and Steven are stepping on. "You have to fix this!"

"Wait, what?" Steven asks.

"You're my last chance. I've got no Flask Robonoids. I've got no foot! I've got no response from Yellow Diamond!" Peridot breathes in and out, calming herself down. "I know you fixed Lazuli's gem. Whatever you did, you've got to do it to the Homeworld Warp! Or else!!" She charges her energy blaster again.

"Oh, o-okay, just give me a second! My mouth gets really dry when I'm scared." Steven says before he licks his palm. "Here goes!" Steven slaps his palm onto the warp pad with a wet smack sound. Peridot looks around in confusion as nothing happens.