63. Meating the Gems

It was a Sunday morning and Y/n was finally back home as he sat down eating breakfast with his dad.

"It's nice to have you home Y/n." His dad said to him. "You've been gone so long it was staring to feel like you'd moved out." 

"Well not planning on leaving just yet." Y/n joked. "I wasn't expecting to be gone for so long and Peridot certinaly didn't always make things easy."  

"Which one was Peridot?" His dad asks unsure.

"Oh..." Y/n says. "I've been so caught up in helping deal with the cluster, Lapis coming back and then the Rubies that I forgot you haven't really met the gems."

"The Cluster..." Y/n dad repeats as just stands looking confused by everything Y/n had just said but then shakes his head. "Forget I asked. Look, I'm free today. Why don't we invite Steven and Greg around for a last of the summer days barbeque and you can invite those 'Gems'."  He then suggests. 

"Sure, that could be fun." Y/n smiled.

"I'll head to the store then while you invite them. How much food will we need? Do these Gems eat a lot?" Y/n's dad asks.

"Well the gems aren't like us Dad, they don't need to eat. Some do though like Amethyst and Garnet does sometimes I think. Pearl straight up refuses to eat anything so don't worry about her in that regard. Then there's Peridot and Lapis...those two? I honestly have no idea if they will eat anything."

"...I'll just buy a load of stuff and what we don't eat I'll take to eat on the boat." Y/n dad says back in response.

"Oh could you be sure to pick up a nice juicy steak too? I promised Lion a few weeks back I'd get him one." Y/n says.

"I'm picking up food for supposed rock aliens and steaks for jungle cats..." Y/n's dad says shaking his head as he picked up his keys. 

"Hey, you're the one who wanted to meet them." Y/n just laughed. 

"I know, I know." Y/n's dad waved his other hand dismissively. "Right I'm off, see you in a bit."

Y/n just gave him a small wave off before he pulled out his phone.

Steven was lounging around on his bed playing video games when his phone began to ring. Steven paused his game and looked down at the phone. "Oh it's Y/n!" He exclaimed and answered it. "Hi Y/n!"  

"Hey Steven." Y/n greeted him back. "Listen my dad's got a free day today and said that if you guys want to you are all free to come over for a barbeque we are going to have. You, your dad, the gems and Lion." 

Steven just gasped loudly at this news.  "We'll be there! I'll tell the gems!" Steven said excitedly.

"Alright, well I'll head to the Car wash to ask your dad if he wants to join us and you can meet you all at the Big Donut in let's say an hour?" 

 "Okay see you then!" Steven says with stars in his eyes as he hangs up. "Guys! Guys!"

 Pearl was down in the Kitchen folding some of Steven's tops.

"I'm so glad that Cluster business is behind us now, It's good to get back to normal..." Pearl said gladly to herself as she put a top down on the fresh done pile.

"Yeah, now I don't have to worry about what I can and can't eat anymore in case we needed it for that drill." Amethyst says as she shoves a sandwich in her mouth in one go.