13. Lion 2: The Movie

It was another day at the Beach house and Connie was showing Y/n and Steven a trailer for a movie called Dogcopter 3 on her phone.

Scenes of a city on fire. "Some people say... " People in helicopters fly in. "You can't teach..." An evil giant robot attack the city, as the helicopters approach it. "An old dog..." A robotic dog looks up. "New tricks..." The robot destroys the helicopters. "Unless you're..." A girl and the dog look and nod at each other, and the dog sprouts propellers from its back. "Dogcopter 3, in 3D!" The dog flies towards the robot and shoots a missile from its butt at the robot. "This February, the fur hits the fan!"

Steven looks at the trailer in awe. "Whooaaa... I can see why this is your favorite film franchise." He says to her.

Connie adjusts her glasses. "That's right! In a world where humanity is pushed to the brink, it turns out that the one who is most human, is a dog! -Copter."

"And did you see where that missile came out of?" Steven says.

Connie blushes and chuckles. "Yeah. I just hope it stays faithful to the book." Connie says now.

"This series has a book?" Y/n asks with a confused raised brow. 

The warp pad suddenly activates before Connie can answer and she looks at it in awe. "Whooaaa..."

"The Gems are back." Steven says.

Garnet, Pearl and Amethyst appear on the warp pad in different poses. Y/n just smiles and shakes his head feeling like the Gems just wanted to show off for Connie.

"Greetings." Garnet says.

Pearl notices Connie now. "Oh! Well, hello, Connie! What a surprise to see you!"

"We're gonna watch a movie about a wacky, flying dog!" Steven tells the Gems now. "Show 'em Connie!" 

"I mean, it's about, much more than that." Connie says and she holds up her phone to the Gems who look at it. On the phone screen, Dogcopter barks with a caption reading "COMING SOON".

"Oh-ho-ho, that's easy!" Amethyst says and she shapeshifts into Dogcopter and flies into the air.

"Whoooaaa?!" Connie cries in shock.

"Who needs to go see movies when you've got... magic!" Amethyst shapeshifts her head into a boombox and start playing up-beat tempo music. Garnet bobs her head to the beat, while Pearl groans in annoyance.

"Aw, stop showin' off, Amethyst. Connie promises that this movie's even better than any magic." Steven says.

"I did not say that." Connie says seriously.

"And check this out." Steven walks over to the kitchen counter and points to the snacks on top* Y/n got us our own snacks!" Steven cheers.

"My parents say I'm not allowed to buy snacks at the theater. So, we're not 'buying' anything at the theater." Connie jokes to Garnet and Pearl.

Amethyst shapeshifts her head back to normal and flies towards the snacks "Nom Noms! Feeeed me!"

Steven shields the snacks with his arms. "Hands off, Amethyst! These are for me, Connie and Y/n to share at the movie!"

"Oh, but Y/n. Weren't we going to train today?" Pearl asks tentatively.

"Well we've been making good progress recently Pearl, but we still haven't found a weapon that suits me and I need to let me body rest too." Y/n says as he rolls a shoulder that was feeling stiff. "Besides, Steven and Connie asked me to join them today." Y/n says and the two kids smile.