42. We need to Talk

It was evening at the car wash as Steven, Y/n, Connie and Greg are sorting boxes of vinyl disk collection from Greg's van.

Steven takes out three vinyl disks from a box. "Here's all the Orange Magic Orchestra ones."

"Great! Put them in the transcendental space rock-pile." Greg tells him.

Y/n pulls out two vinyl sleeves himself now. "And I've got the two Queen albums. A night at the opera and News of the world." 

"Aw man I've been look for those." Greg say happily.

"Can't go wrong with the classics." Y/n says.

Connie looks at a vinyl disk in her hands now. "At home, we only have classical music and movie soundtracks. I've never heard any of these."

Greg looks at the album in her hands. "You've never heard the Philosophy Majors? Oh man, give it here." He says and he takes the disk from Connie and puts in on a player. "This'll really knock your socks off."

The music starts playing. Y/n sits down in the van as his foot begins to tap to the bassline of the song while Greg air-guitars.

Steven laughs and offers his hand to Connie now.as he starts dancing to the tune "Come on!"

"Whoa!"

Steven and Connie are dancing and twirling around together. Steven's gem then starts glowing and the two accidentally fuse into Stevonnie. They stop dancing and see a shocked Y/n and Greg staring at them. 

"It's Stevonnie..." Y/n says.

Greg stops the music and Stevonnie quickly separates back into Steven and Connie.

"You two can fuse?!" Greg asks in shock.

"Uh... Yes?" Steven answers.

"I knew you could do it, But it's still is quite a shock to actually see it." Y/n admits.

"Uh, huh, that's incredible! Since when? Wait, how is this even possible?" Greg asks now.

"The Gems thinks it's because I'm half human." Steven tells him.

"Please don't tell my parents, Mr. Universe!" Connie begs. "They don't know I've been doing magic stuff with Steven! I can't tell them, they're not going to understand, I..."

"Whoa, whoa, it's... it's okay." Greg stops her. "I may be the one of the only human being on the planet who's gonna understand."

"Wha- what do you mean?" Connie asks.

Steven gets suspicious. "Yeah, what do you mean?"

"Well..." Greg starts.

Steven gasps. "Story! Come on!

Steven and Connie jump to sits beside Y/n in the van.

"We're ready." Steven tells his dad.

"I didn't think I'd be telling this so soon." Greg says to himself for a moment and he retrieves a VHS tape from his van. "Probably best to start with this." He inserts it in the VCR TV and plays it, leading to a full flashback to the 90's.

The TV screen flickered with static and then showed a young Greg adjusting the camera. A backdrop of wooden planks and lit light bulbs was seen, along with the Warp Pad, used as the stage. A much different looking Garnet, Amethyst were were seen standing on-stage, with Rose Quartz all holding a keytar, drums, and a microphone respectively.