74. Beta

Steven, Y/n and Amethyst are walking through a grassy field while Amethyst is cracking her newly-obtained flail.

"Did you see that?" Amethyst asks the two. "Wa-poosh, just wa-poosh!"

"That's great, Amethyst. You're getting so fast." Steven says.

"No! This is worse!" Amethyst groans. "This morning it was like wshh! Just wshh! Superfast, like wshh-wshh!" 

"What's the difference?" Y/n asks confused. 

"I think this is why a day off would be good for you." Steven says now. "You should take a break from obsessing over Jasper."

Amethyst begrudgingly dispels her flail and sighs. "Are you sure we have to do this now?"

"Yes!" Steven tells her. 

"Visiting Peridot and Lapis could be fun. It's been a while since I've seen them too." Y/n says. 

"Yeah, 'cause when I think "fun", I think Lapis." Amethyst comments. 

"I wonder what they're up to." Steven says.

"Maybe they drove each other crazy and burned the barn down." Amethyst says

"Woah..." Steven says as he, Y/n and Amethyst stop walking, having reached the barn, and stare at the now heavily modified barn. 

"They certainly did something to the barn since I left them to it." Y/n says.

Some modifications include a truck placed into the ceiling, the silo moved to cover up the previously broken side of the barn, a small tent next to it with a green Canadian flag, and various ornaments hanging around.  Peridot, wearing a bowtie, and Lapis are seen sitting on the back of the truck, watching Camp Pining Hearts on a TV

"But Paulette, I need you!" A character says on the TV.

"Oh, get over it, Percy. Go make another friendship bracelet." Peridot says unimpressed.

"Seriously." Lapis says in agreement.

"Lapis! Peridot! Hi!" Steven starts calling out.

Peridot and Lapis look down and see Steven, Y/n and Amethyst. They both smile ecstatically as Lapis floats down with her water wings and Peridot crawls into the truck to exit from inside the barn.

Y/n gets a joint hug from Lapis and Peridot.

"Woah!" Y/n says surprised by the sudden hug. "It's nice to know I'm missed." He chuckles.

"Steven. It's so good to see you again." Lapis says now.

"You too, Lapis!" Steven says happily.

Peridot lets go of Y/n's leg now. "Amethyst! Something looks different about you."

Amethyst steps back a little shocked. "Like what?" She asks.

"Have you grown taller since the last time I saw you?" Peridot asks.

Amethyst frowns. "Nope, still short."

Peridot just laughs. "You're welcome! For the joke."

"Well, you guys are looking happy. That's good, I'm glad." Y/n says with a smile. 

"And I love what you did to the barn!" Steven says.

"Awh, I know. But wait, wait! You guys have to see the inside!" Peridot says. "Lapis, fly us in!"