52. Too Far

It was the next day and Peridot was inside the barn holding a tape recorder and speaking into it, using it to record all of her logs ever since her limb enhancers were thrown off the Galaxy Warp. "Log date 7-11-2. It's the third rotation of the Earth since commencements of a..."  She inhales deeply. "...collaborative approach to stopping The Cluster."

Stood just outside the barn was the rest of the group as Pearl drew on the chalkboard. "I've finished drawing out the blueprints for the drill head. Peridot, if you could come take a look at this." She calls out her.

Peridot stops recording on her recorder and walks out to the board where the others were.

"Remind me again why I should listen to you?" Peridot asks. "Oh, right."

Peridot rewinds her tape recorder and presses play on it.

"...The Pearl here has exhibited an aptitude for engineering that I begrudgingly respect, though that doesn't explain the spontaneous singing, crying, singing while crying." Peridot's voice says on the tape.

Amethyst just snickers.

"Why did you give her that?" Pearl asks Steven.

"Well, we did destroy all her stuff and Y/n found it in the barn. We thought it might make her feel a little better." Steven says.

"Clods!" Peridot's voice says on the recorder and she fast-forwards. "Muddy clods!" She fast-forwards again. "running out of ways to say 'clods'!"

Garnet appears now. "Alright, I chased away those cows, let's get to work."

Peridot clears her throat. "Before we begin... would you mind un-fusing? It's making me incredibly uncomfortable."

Y/n just face palms at Peridot's words before he rubs his eyes. "So close, yet so far..."

 While the others break into an uncomfortable silence and look at Garnet. 

Garnet had finished tying Peridot to a fence wearing a child leash and leaving her be.

"What?!" Peridot cries and pulls against the leash. "... what'd I say?!"

"Do we really have to do that?" Steven asks.

"Her having free reign of the place made me incredibly uncomfortable." Garnet says.

Peridot then attempts to reach for a nearby microwave, but the leash holds her back, forcing her to struggle to try and reach it. 

Y/n sighs as he watches the struggling Gem now. "Seeing how most of guys are not too keen on her, I'll work with Peridot."

"Ah..." Pearl starts but Y/n had already begun to walk off towards Peridot and he moves the Microwave closer to her. Pearl just grumbles to herself as she turns around and heads to the barn.

Time had passed as Steven and Amethyst bring a bunch of spare parts to Pearl, who is cutting a turbine with a blowtorch.

"Here you go, Pearl!" Steven says.

"Oh, good. Hmm..." Pearl starts to inspect the parts. "No... No, no, no, no, I said I needed tungsten. Tungsten?"

"Uh... what does "tungsten" look like?" Steven asks.

"Tongue-sten." Amethyst says and sticks out her tongue. "Ahh."