episode three

Taking a deep breath as she looks across the hospital lobby, Enora makes her way inside and towards the locker room

Taking a deep breath as she looks across the hospital lobby, Enora makes her way inside and towards the locker room. She takes her time, earlier than everyone else, and changes into her dark blue scrubs - better than the dark green ones at the old place, she notes. She wraps tbe stethoscope around her neck before she heads out, doing a lap of the surgical floor to remind herself of it.

She then heads to the attending break room, looking in. "Doctor Lincoln?"

Link looks over. "Hey! I heard you were starting here, what's up? Coffee?" He smiles.

"I'll never refuse Coffee." She smiles and thanks him as he hands her the one he just made before making himself another. "I know you can't clear me for surgery yet but I was wondering if you could take a look at my hand? I'm hoping to be able to at least be a doctor if I can't be a surgeon yet."

"Of course. Come on in, sit down." He nods to the table.

Enora sits and takes the brace off her hand. "It's been 6 weeks so I'm guessing the break should be doing okay."

Link sits beside her and takes her hand gently, turning it over so her palm faces up. "How does it feel?" He asks as he runs his fingers over her wrist area, gently applying pressure.

"It feels good." She nods. "Gets sore easily but I know when to rest it."

Link smiles and turns it over, feeling the otherside. "Well there's no tenderness, that's good. I'd say stick to small amounts of suturing but you'll be fine with IVs and stuff." He nods. "But surgery is a no still. For now."

Enora sighs

Enora sighs. "I'm sure I'll survive." She smiles as she stands. "I'm sure I'll see you around."

He nods and smiles. "Here if you need anything." He playfully salutes.

Enora giggles and wanders off, heading for rounds. She smiles politely at Meredith as she sees its her leading the first year residents around with Webbers help. She begins handing out assignments. "Shepherd- you're on triage."

"Pissed the boss off already?" One sniggers quietly.

Enora nods once as she ignores her and heads to the ER. She grabs the first file she sees and gets started. By lunch, she's seen 8 patients. As amazing as it is getting all this hands on experience? She misses holding a scalpel. Suturing? It feels natural and close enough to surgery for now.