episode twelve

Enora wakes slowly, squinting at the light that burns her eyes

Enora wakes slowly, squinting at the light that burns her eyes. It's all there, the memories, as she comes to. She hasn't had a hangover in many years - this is something she hasn't experienced in a while. She clears her dry throat a little and winces, rolling over. She can't find it in herself to sit up yet for fear of the headache and impending vomit that'll occur.

Jax moves closer to the bed when he hears and sees her move. "Hey..."

Enora moves her head to view him and instantly tears, covering her face. "What did I do!" She cries.

Jax sighs and sits on the edge of the bed, prying her hands away from her face and kissing them both gently as he holds them. "It's okay. You didn't do anything."

"I wanted to!" She sniffles as she looks up at him. "What happened!" She gasps, reaching up to touch his cheek.

"Some dude hit me - don't worry, hen looks worse." Jax smirks a little. "Please don't hate yourself, okay? Nothing happened. You got drunk, so what? That's not your kryptonite. I got you before anything worse happened."

Enora swallows the lump in her throat. "I'm so sorry-"

"Hey, no. Nothing to be sorry for, nothing happened remember? Darling... You are not the girl Meredith was telling me about and she knows it; we all know how we say things we don't mean when angry."

Enora sniffles. "She has a point." She whispers. "I should have died instead of dad. It would have been bet-"

"No." He covers her mouth gently leaning over her to stare into her eyes. "You deserve to be alive. Thank of all those people who you have saved! That little girl, me, the girl from your first shift... its not your time, you've got shit to do."

Enora smiles small and pulls his hand away. "I... love you." She whispers. She's never said it to him before but nothing has every felt so natural on her tongue.

Jackson smiles wide. "I love you too." He kisses her gently.

She wraps her arms around him loosely and buries her face against him. The buzzer makes them both jump and Jax huffs, heading to it. "It's open." He says as he pushes the button for the door.

Enora heaves herself up and sits on the edge of the bed, taking a deep breath as she let's the world spin for a moment. She slowly stands, using the wall to walk into the main area. Jax pulls the door open revealing Mer. "I only have a minute to check on- hi." She quickly realises Nora is there.

Nor pulls her sleeves on her hands and smiles sheepishly. "Hey- woah okay." She whispers in surprise as Meredith throws her arms around her. She quickly hugs back.