episode sixty six

Enora pauses outside the exam room to watch Amelia for a moment. She's leaning on the nurses station, eyes on the tablet in front of her but not looking at it - more like through it. The hand that rests under the chin is clenching her jaw and the other taps the counter fast.

Nor approaches. "So I didn't know Kai has a brother. I though they just have a sister." She muses.

"Mm? Oh, right." Amelia shakes her head a little to clear it. "Julian and them didn't always get along, big age gap." She shrugs casually but in the most forced way.

"Uh huh..." Enora nods small. "You came in with Kai 10 steps behind you earlier, is everything okay?"

"Don't be nosy." Amelia mutters and walks off, head down.

With Amelia now gone, Kai shuffles their way over. "So uh, she's mad huh." They mutter.

"That's absolutely her mad face yeah... what did you do?" Enora raises an eyebrow as she leans her elbow on the station.

Kai puffs air into their cheeks and blows it out. "I... fucked up."

"Mm... I'll decide whether to kill you later, I gotta go." She shakes her head as she reads her pager. She heads down to the pit, looking around before finding the right cubicle. She pulls the curtain open and exhales slowly. "Grey, you chose today to wrestle the floor!?"

His physical therapist sits beside him playing with his hair gently as he plays on the tablet in his lap. "I'm so sorry, I tried calling. He face planted over the balance beam, its literally like 3 inches but-"

"It's okay! Don't panic, he looks okay and he's trying to eat his favourite snack - pens." She giggles calmly. She never worries about Grey, not after everything. She tilts his chin back and examines the large bump on his head. "Dudes got a nice bump though, huh. Head bigger than daddy's now."

"You're okay?" The PT exhales slowly, relief washing over her face.

Enora smiles. "It's honestly okay. He's clumsy, falls over air. As long as he picks himself up again and learns to balance, I'm okay with that."

She smiles. "He was trying to climb back up the moments after but I just grabbed him and brought him down, figured it was best to get him checked out since it's just downstairs anyway."

"Who's been to assess?" She reaches for his file.

"That would be me." An Irish voice says.

"Apa!" Grey shrieks.

"Hi fella." Hayes smiles as he comes over. "Your mummy sticking her nose in?"

"Always." Enora rolls her eyes. "I'm going to go call the day care and let them know he won't be back then you're free to go, that okay?" She checks with the PT.

As she nods, Hayes raises an eyebrow. "As your boss, I sure hope you're not planning on skipping out. I'd rather Jax goes home than you-"

"Like I'd go home. Little guy will come work with mommy." She smirks like its the most obvious idea.

"Uhhhh.."

"Sorted." She pats his arm and heads out. She makes the call and heads back, letting the distressed PT head home after another firm 'it is okay!' talk and hug. With a large bump on his head and a bruise forming on his cheek, Grey looks like he's gone 10 rounds in an MMA cage. Still; once he's cleared with a lollipop and hug from gramps Hayes, Nor finds a spare sheet and ties it around herself, sitting him against her back where he seems pretty content. Way too big for this but he's always going to be her baby.