episode eighty two

"Why aren't you at the wedding?" James asks Knox as he finds him in a quiet, dark corridor away from the cafeteria

"It feels weird..." He admits as he rests his arms on his knees.

James slides down beside him. "I know. I know they said to keep going, celebrate the news, but it feels wrong."

"Who has the kids?" Knox asks.

"Mary and Addison." James stretches his legs out and stares at the wall opposite. "How longs it been?"

"3 hours." Knox checks his phone.

"How long does a heart transplant take?"

"6-8 hours, maybe more." Knox shrugs. "Maybe less." He sighs and closes his eyes. "She's gonna be fine." He mumbles.

"She always is." James nods small.

They sit in silence for a while before they hear footsteps. James looks over while Knox doesn't move. "Yo." He elbows his brother.

Knox looks over. "Dammit we've been found." He jokes.

Mary smiles as she comes over and stands beside them looking down at them. "Why are we hiding?"

"We're not. We're celebrating. In silence." Knox shrugs as he stands and stretches.

"Riiight." She rolls her eyes taking James's hand as he stands, too. "I'm gonna head back with Addy and the kids. You wanna come or stay?"

"I'm gonna stay." He kisses her. "Go home and rest okay?"

"Yes rest whatever." She smiles and kisses him quickly. "Bye. Love you. Bye Knox."

"Don't I get a love you? Ow." Knox rubs his rubs after James elbows him.

Mary rolls her eyes and waves over her head as she walks off. James watches her go and turns to see Knox staring. "What?"

"Congrats dude."

"How- what?"

"You've been touching her stomach all night and drinking her drinks for her." Knox smirks. "I'm happy for you."

James smiles. "Thanks bro."

They head up slowly to the waiting room, Corey pacing the room, Amelia leant on the wall, Mer silent in one corner, Jax in another. Both are surprised to see him there and Corey not beating the shit out of him but he probably hasn't noticed. They take a seat and join the wait, no one saying a word.

Corey exhales loudly and plays with his new ring. Minutes after they said their vows, they rushed to sign the contract and then rushed Enora to be prepped. Then it was a quick 'I love you' and she was gone. "How much longer."

Amelia checks the clock. "Could be minutes. Could be hours." She mumbles going back to staring at Knox's leg. Sounds weird but she can see the pink of his socks sticking out of the gap between his trousers and shoes.