episode one hundred and one

Christmas, New Year's and their first anniversary went by incredibly smoothly, considering its the Morris-Grey-Andrews family. They celebrated their anniversary, and the anniversary of Enora's transplant, with a love heart shaped cake and a family day at the circus. Just her, Corey, Rosie, Lowie and Grey. The evening was spent having a meal with their other two and their partners, and the following weekend held a party with friends and family at her moms.

Now their sights are set on that baby they began trying for almost 6 months ago. They're still going with the flow, taking it month by month, but each sexual encounter comes with the added pressure. Just a little.

"On three." Enora says as they go to transfer a patient from the gurney to the bed. She moves almost automatically around the room, as if she already knows what's wrong with the elderly patient bought in with a mystery illness.

She's trying to distract herself, mostly. Corey's in a big meeting today; he's facing the top military officials to discuss his case. It could go either way at this point. After months of therapy, physical and emotional, holding back his assessments, it's now time to find out. They're, of course, hoping for medical discharge - as awful as it sounds - but he could be classed as able bodied and ready to go. Disregarding all the emotional and physical trauma he's been through.

The night terrors that wake the whole house.

The lack of feeling he sometimes experiences in his right arm due to nerve damage.

The insomnia.

The fear of loud noises.

The list is endless. But they both know they'll see him as a walking, talking being with the ability to follow orders. That's all that matters.

"Okay, I want a full work up. Get her on a saline drip for now and let's see if we can get her a CT of the stomach." Enora orders the intern as she hands the tablet over.

"Isn't it your sons first day?" One of the nurses asks.

"He asked me not to fuss so I am not fussing. I'll leave that to chief." She smiles at the woman. "But out of curiosity.... How's he doing?"

"No bad comments yet." She giggles.

Enora smiles and heads out; as proud as she is, so proud she wants to yell from the roof top and take him into every patient to show off, she is leaving him well alone. Knox started his internship last June at a hospital across the city; the programme got shut down this new year and luckily for him his grandmother is chief of a veryyyy prestigious hospital. He absolutely earned his place here but it helped having connections - just as it did when Nor had to switch residency all those years ago.

He's made everyone promise to pretend not to know him. So they have; mostly. "Doctor Andrews, I need an enema done in cubicle 4." Enora asks as she approaches.

He looks over, hair tied back in a pony and looking all naive in his lab coat and baby blue scrubs. "No way." He shakes his head.

She smirks. "Are you telling an attending no, doctor Andrews?" She fake gasps.

"I'm telling my mom no." He rolls his eyes.

"Oh but you didn't want special treatment." She gasps and puts a hand on her chest. "You liar!"

He rolls his eyes. "Do I really have to go do an enema, doctor Morris?" He raises a brow.

"Not right now but because of that attitude, I may need to find you one to do." She giggles and heads to greet the next trauma. She's finding it highly amusing to torment her own son. Oh well!

As the day goes on, she begins to cramp. Her heart shatters a little; another period then. Another month without any success. She's lost in thoughts when someone whistles. "What?" She blushes as Knox stands beside where she leans in the doctors lounge.