episode six

Enora lays in the MRI machine as still as she can. She keeps her eyes closed as she thinks of the last time she was ever poorly enough to need surgery.

Derek runs down the hall and bursts into the ER. "Enora!?" He rushes over to his daughter, curled up on the bed clutching her side. "Hey hey, I'm here."

The 11 year old groans. "It hurts dad!!"

He looks at Bailey. "What's going on!"

"The school had to call an ambulance, she was bought in an hour ago-"

"An hour ago!? Why wasn't i paged sooner!" He snaps.

"You were in surgery. Nor made us wait." Bailey snaps back. "We believe her appendix has ruptured."

"Ruptured? She was fine this morning, I dropped her off and she was as cheeky as ever." He shakes his head. He kisses her head. "You're okay baby, you're okay."

She clings to his arm refusing to let him leave. They eventually get some pain relief in her and, even though she's not entirely pain free, she's laid still. She still has a scrunched face.

He reaches down and gently strokes her cheek, paused outside the OR doors; he's banned from entering once Nors in there by Webber and Mark

He reaches down and gently strokes her cheek, paused outside the OR doors; he's banned from entering once Nors in there by Webber and Mark. Mark, however, promised to sit beside her the whole time so she's not alone. "You're on your own for a while kiddo but I'm right here when you get out, okay?" His voice is soft.

Nor nods small and leans into touch. Mark comes over and pats Derek's back. "Alright man. Now piss off."

"Yeah dad. Piss off." Nor giggles a little loopy.

Derek glares at his friend who laughs hard. "Hey, I told you - she only does it around me, she's harmless." He defends himself. He is the reason Derek's kids first word was "Oh fuck".

Derek kisses Enora's head and watches the doors swing closed. He sighs; now to sit and wait.

"2 more minutes Enora." Teddy says over the speaker.

"Good, my ass is numb." She retorts; Teddy laughs.

Not even a minute later, the bed is backed out and Nor sits up, stretching. Teddy beckons her in and she joins her, both sitting and staring at the screen as they wait for the images to appear.