episode four

"You only got cleared for surgery a week ago and you've made up for it incredibly

"You only got cleared for surgery a week ago and you've made up for it incredibly." Webber praises Enora as she washes her hands post-surgery.

She smiles. "Thanks Webber. It's coz I'm bad ass."

He chuckles. "That's the attitude to have. Once you've done the notes, get yourself a break. We have an exploration and those surgeries can take a long time depending on what is or is not found."

"Yes doc." She nods and dries her hands, putting her scrub cap in her pocket and heading to one of the loungers. She empties her pockets looking for a pen as Mer comes in.

She pauses as she sees the dark blue scrub cap on the table. "I haven't seen that in almost 20 years." She mumbles as she gently picks it up.

Enora looks up and smiles small as she resumes the paperwork. "Haven't done a surgery without it."

Mer sits down as she plays with the thin material. "He thought he'd lost it. So he got this one." She holds up the light blue Ferry boat one she has.

" She holds up the light blue Ferry boat one she has

Enora gasps. "You have it still!" She breathes.

Mer hands it over and they both sit quietly for a moment, touching and feeling the scrub caps. Meredith smiles a little. "How sad are we." She giggles.

Nora shakes her head as she holds the cap up. "It's a piece of cloth, Jesus. We need to get a grip."

"Can we.... swap? Just for a little?" Mer asks as she grips the cap. "This is... its the first thing I remember him having."

"Of course." She nods small. "I have a few others back at the hotel - I don't wear them coz they're not that one so you can have them if you'd like."

Mer smiles. "The kids can each have one."

"That's a lovely idea." Enora nods.

Mer tucks the cap in her pocket. "I um I came to talk to you."

Enora raises an eyebrow. "Uh oh?"

Mer smiles small but it quickly drops. She puts her hands on the table and taps her fingers a little. "Um... your mom's coming to town for a few days."

Enora freezes. "Shit." She finally manages to say. "I feel feverish, I should go home-"