episode twenty four

Enora wakes slowly, her head facing the left

Enora wakes slowly, her head facing the left. In her eyeline sits Jax with their sweet girl on his chest, the generic hospital blankets encasing her as he whispers quietly to her. He hasn't noticed Enora has awoken.

"Daddy didn't know about you, Bam, but that doesn't mean I don't love you. You're 5 hours old and I already can't imagine you not being here." He says as he kisses her head gently every few seconds. "And I bet your mummy will agree even if she hasn't met you. But oh goodness she's gonna love you so much. Yes she is."

"Your brains gone to mush already." Enora whispers smiling.

Jax quickly looks up and instantly smiles wide. "Well hi there pretty lady." He says, sitting up slowly as he moves Bambi from his chest to his arms, making sure he supports her head and keeps her swaddled enough.

Enora smiles wide as she watches him take such care; Jax is so heavy handed and clumsy and nonchalant sometimes, but this is so different. "How's our girl?" She whispers, her eyes on the baby.

"5 pounds and 2 ounces. 18 inches long. She's already pooped everywhere and she's cried so loudly the NICU just bought her down here. She's incredible." Jax smiles, gently moving Bambi to Enora.

Nor slowly lifts her heavy arms and takes Bambi. "Hi little lady." She whispers as she tears. She looks at Jax. "We made this."

He grins. "You did. You made this."

Nor watches her daughter respond to their voices. "Hi baby, I'm here." She whispers, Bam's eyes trying to open. "So clever." She coos.

"You had me... had me scared for a minute there." Jax scratches his neck as the other hand rests on his hip. "Don't do that again."

"I don't plan on it." She rolls her eyes but smiles. "Has anyone else met her? Other than Carina."

Jax sits on the edge of the chair again, watching his daughter in the same way his wife does - eyes full of amazement and utter terror that they now have a child. "I didn't want anyone to meet her before you. Your dad tried to punch me but Amelia stopped him. Mer is literally pacing outside and Chief has killed me a thousand ways with her stare. I was beyond relieved when they finally let me bring Bam in here alone."

Nor giggles small. "I'd pay to watch my dad hit you." She teases.

Jax rolls his eyes. "Okay fine Gimme the baby, we don't have to put up with this Bam." He winks.

"You're okay with the name?" She asks, looking at him.

"I am... but more of like a nickname we always use. I... I wanted to ask you something." He looks at his hands as he rubs them together nervously.

Enora watches him. "You wanna name her Rosie?" She whispers.

Jax looks up at her, his eyes welling with tears. "Y-yeah." He nods. "After mom. She looks so much like my mom."