episode eighty

Enora smiles tiredly as she feels the bed dip, opening her eyes a little as she sees Corey checking on her. "I'm okay." She mumbles.

"No you're not baby." He says gently, stroking her hair back. "You're still feverish. And you haven't eaten." His voice is laced with concern.

Enora pushes herself to sit up a little. "It's a sick bug, okay? Probably something I picked up on the plane."

Corey sighs; they're home finally. Partly because he was growing more concerned about her in the last few weeks. Partly because they only agreed to 6 months and they already pushed it to almost 8 - Jax may have snapped. "Baby... we both know it isn't."

Enora looks at him with tired eyes and takes a shaky breath. She knows. She knows her time is growing shorter; she's down to 7 months. Down to less than a year. Less than 30 weeks. While they were away, they were able to forget about it all and live in a normal bubble of life. Now reality has popped that.

She can feel it, too. She's always so tried. Her breathing feels harder, she can't walk far. Her hands and feet are always ice cold, blood supply to them now worse than ever as her heart struggles to pump to them. Her hands and feet swell a lot sometimes - her engagement ring hangs off 90 percent of the time and get stuck the other 10 percent.

Oh yeah, that happened.

On a beach in Jamaica about 2 months ago. It was so dreamy, except for Corey almost losing the ring. The look on the poor guys face was comical, she would have laughed if she wasn't crying already.

Enora swallows hard. "I'll... I'll call Maggie." She whispers, looking into his eyes. "Let mom know were home for me? I can't tell her sister before her."

"Of course." He nods and kisses her head. As she grabs her phone, he grabs his and heads to the office, closing the door gently. "Meredith?"

"Hi!" Mer answers happily. "Where are you guys now? I bet its hot." She laughs small.

Corey takes a deep breath. "We're uh... we're home. Have been for a couple days." He admits.

Meredith is silent for a moment. "How bad is she?"

"B-bad." Corey clears his throat. "Not good at all. She's calling Maggie now."

"Okay. Okay. We can handle this, it's okay." She says, mostly to calm herself.

"I'll call you to let you know what Maggie-"

"I'm coming round." Meredith interrupts. "I need to see her for myself."

Corey sighs but doesn't protest. While he waits for Meredith, he checks in on the kids. They're all entertaining themselves with the cool gadgets and toys they got on their travels. "Grams is coming over." He announces. "Make sure she can't trip over anything." He jokes.

The sudden banging at the door makes them all jump. "It's okay, it's probably her. She's so excited!" He covers, quickly rushing to get it. "Jesus okay oka- Jax." He stops in his tracks, door open a little.

Jax is seething. "Where are my kids."  He snaps.

"In the front room playing. Get your foot out of my door." Corey glares.

Jax pushes his foot further in. "Let me see them." He demands. "How fucking dare you not tell me you're home!"

"We were letting them adjust. Jetlag and all that. Calm yourself or I'll make you." Corey glares.

Jax pushes past. "Lowie? Rosie? Grey?" He calls, rushing in. "There you guys are Oh my!" He gasps, opening his arms as they rush over.

Corey glares but sees Meredith pull up. She runs up the driveway and inside. "Where?" She demands.