episode ninety one

Enora wakes slowly and feels the empty bed beside her as she has every morning for the last few weeks

Enora wakes slowly and feels the empty bed beside her as she has every morning for the last few weeks. Part of her hopes its a horrible dream that she'll wake up from but it's sadly her reality. Her husband is away, somewhere around the world, with very limited contact and shitty connection when there is contact.

She sighs and carefully gets up, smirking a little as she finds Grey asleep across her doorway. She snaps a picture and gently scoops him up. "Damn my boy, when did you get so big and healthy?" She whispers as she balances him and makes it to his room. He's at the age now where she's too small to really be carrying the kid. He's 7 and definitely looks it now.

"You okay?" She hears a tired voice ask as she gently closes his bedroom door.

She looks over to see Knox leaning out of his bedroom door in boxers and a crumpled shirt, his long hair all over the place as he rubs his eye. "All good. Go back to sleep." She whispers. He gives a lazy thumbs up and closes the door.

Enora heads downstairs and looks around the kitchen. She has to get a grip; she's been making cereal or toast since Corey left but before that she'd make whatever they wanted just as she always did. She needs to be the mom she was before Corey even came around.

Knox is confused as he wakes to the smell of... bacon? Since when did they have bacon in the house? He sits up slowly. "Babe. Iz. Isob-"

"What!" She snaps as she curls away from his poking.

"Can you smell breakfast?" He asks.

"You seriously woke me for that?" She sits up glaring. "Yes I can smell breakfast. What's the big deal?"

He pulls his joggers on and opens his bedroom door. Harlow and Rosie are leant out of their bedroom doors looking towards the stairs.

"Is mom..." Lowie says slowly.

"Cooking?" Rosie finishes.

"Holy shit." He mutters.

They all quietly head downstairs and gather at the kitchen door. Enora licks batter off her fingers as she looks over. "What?" She asks innocently at her kids.

"Waffles?"

"Pancakes?"

"Bacon?"

She smiles. "Like the old days. Come dig in but someone go help your brother up." She orders.

"Not it!"

"Not it!"

"No- Dammit." Harlow tuts as she trudged upstairs again.

Knox and Rosie sit at the table in their usual spots, watching Enora; she raises a brow. "You look like you've seen pigs flying guys. Is it really that shocking I'm cooking?"

"No." Knox quickly defends.

Rosie smiles happily. "You're just more like your old self, momma. It's nice to see."