episode seventy three

Enora hasn't felt good about herself in a long while, she hasn't done her hair up or done make up and put a dress on for months

Enora hasn't felt good about herself in a long while, she hasn't done her hair up or done make up and put a dress on for months. Maybe even years. So to be stood beside Corey with her hair curled, face plastered in make up and the most stunning red dress on? She feels a little awestruck. She knew military balls were a thing but never thought she'd be going to one with her boyfriend. Good god, she feels 15 again.

Boyfriend.

Ha.

Wow, she feels old. She's nearly 35 with a boyfriend. She hasn't had one of those in a long long time. Speaking of her boyfriend, she realises he's watching her with a smirk. "What?" She blushes deeply, hiding against his arm.

He kisses her head. "I love watching you when you go away with the fairies. I'd love to visit one day to see what it's like."

She giggles and playfully rolls her eyes. "Cheeky."

"I know... I think this is the part we count down from and then kiss. Wanna do it like the lovesick kids we are?" He smirks.

Enora giggles. "5..."

"4..."

"3..."

"2..."

Their lips smash together as everyone shouts and cheeks, Corey pulling her closer to him as they share this moment. Her hands grip the back of his dress uniform, absolutely creasing it but neither of them care. When they finally pull away, they simply rest their foreheads together.

"Happy new year." He whispers. "I got a good feeling about this one."

Enora forces a smile as she closes her eyes. "All the best memories." She whispers. 22 months. Almost 21. That's all she's got. She's got one more new years eve. Probably one more Christmas. One more Halloween and thanksgiving. God, its becoming more real each day.

"Hey..." He whispers, stroking her jaw. "Whats the matter?"

Enora hadn't even realised the tear on her cheek until he'd wiped it away. She turns her face away and takes a shaky breath. "Can you get me a drink?"

"Of course. Find a seat, okay?" He orders.

She watches him go as she feels more tears coming. Her heart begins to race, almost painfully so, and she holds her chest. "Ow." She whispers. One minute the people around her are stood and the next they're slanted, and blurry.

Corey's worried face is over her in an instant but she can't hear what he's saying. She can feel his touch on her cheeks, both of his warm hands cupping her face. He seems to be saying something but she can't hear what. And then her eyes close.

Next there are bright lights over her, someone shining a torch. "Enora?" Their voice echos.

She hums, opening them a little. She can feel the o2 mask over her face, someone's hands gripping one of hers. Her head rolls to the side and she sees Corey's panicked face. She hums again as her eyes close.