episode ninety two

"A-and then-then I got to walk across the-the stage!" Grey tells Corey, his stutter worse due to his excitement

"You are a literal rockstar my dude. I bet you got at least a B plus." Corey smiles, rubbing his beard for a moment. That almost caused a meltdown for Grey; he isn't used to such a big beard on his dad.

"A!" He grins.

"You got an A!? No way. Nope. My son can't be smarter than me."

Grey giggles. "I am!"

"I'm so frickin proud dude." Corey smiles wide. "Okay, now I've spoken to you three twerps, give me and momma 5."

"I love you." Grey says before lobbing the phone at his mom and wandering off.

Enora smiles and shifts to a more comfortable position on the armchair as she holds the phone up. "Finally. I was beginning to think you'd forgotten me."

"I did but only for like 2 minutes, I promise." He playfully holds his hands up. "Am I forgiven?"

"Oh fine just this once." She giggles small. "How are you?"

"I'm missing you a lot... and the kids... and even your annoying big kids." He scrunches his face up. "I didn't think I'd suffer this much - I've had relationships and been away for a while, but this is different."

"You haven't got your people." She hums. "But you know we're all waiting."

"I know." He smiles sadly. "You're gonna get a package soon. I got the kids some cool candy while I was in Japan."

"Japan? You were in Singapore like 3 days ago!" She scowls confused.

"It was a quick visit, I had to sort some paperwork there." He smiles. "Baby, I've been about 6 different places since I've been gone."

"I hate not knowing what you're doing." She sighs.

He laughs. "I feel the same."

"Hey, I'm in Seattle. All day, every day, every week. I'm either at the hospital, PT with Grey or at the dining room table doing homework. What even is math these days!" She tuts.

Corey laughs and rubs his hair before putting his cap back on. "I do not envy you."

She smiles and goes to speak when there's a ruckus. A bunch of guys rush in and push Corey away from the camera, their faces filling the screen. "So this is the wife huh!"

"Naa cmon, I only got like 3 minutes lef-" Corey tries to protest but groans as he's hit.

"You better be taking care of him." She warns with a smile.

"Scouts honour ma'am." One salutes.

"We be taking the best care." Another smirks.

Enora hums. "So long as he has 4 limbs and a-"