episode sixty eight

"Enora Caroline!" Meredith gasps as she listens to her daughter.

Enora covers her face. "I know!" She groans, blushing the most violent red. "I tried so hard not to flirt back but I kinda wanted to."

"I do not condone cheating but if Jax is playing this separation card seriously they girl, go get yourself some." Mer nudges her.

Enora sighs and sips her coffee; so much for wine. She's had Harlow up all night hurling. "I just... can't. I won't be the one to ruin this. Like, I know I snapped... and I probably shouldn't have... but the way he was - the way he's being!" She sighs deeply. "Ass."

"More than an ass." Meredith shakes her head. "Okay, you better get going. Cristina won't wait patiently if you're late."

"I'm her favourite person, course she will." She winks, sitting up. "Okay, Lowie hasn't hurled in 3 hours. Give her some dry toast when she wakes and-"

"Enora. I'm 50 years of age with a soccer team sized family and I'm chief of surgery at a hospital where I've worked for 20 years. You wanna lecture me on how to care for my sick granddaughter?" She challenges.

Enora blushes. "Fiesty one are we?" She mutters as she zips her coat. "Okay okay... I'll call any chance I can. And remind her I love her Okay?"

Meredith stands and holds her daughter by the arms. "Enora... you're a good mom. You're the best mom." She says gently, looking into her daughters sad, guilt-filled eyes. "You are also a bitchin surgeon who is top of her game! You can be both and be good at both Okay? Lowie is fine, it's a 24 hour bug. Grams cancelled all her boring meetings and gets to laze around all day - she's doing it as a favour to me she isn't really sick. Go!"

Enora cracks a small smile. "Love you mom." She calls as she leaves.

"Call your therapist!"

She heads to the hospital, aiming to be early and actually doing so. She makes her way inside and changes into her scrubs, staring at her wedding rings for a moment; usually she puts them on a pin on her scrubs but today she can't bring herself to. She takes a deep breath and slips them off, putting them in her boot and slamming her locker.

"Where's my girl?" She asks as she enters Lianna's room.

Lianna grins from the bed as Cristina listens to her heart. "She says I ready!"

"Of course you are pumpkin!" Enora smiles wide; this is her therapy. "I see were down to out last hour. Is uncle Corey coming in to cheer you on?"

She nods. "He getting coffee." She smiles.

"Good call." Enora winks. "Shall we, Doctor Yang?"

Cristina puts her stethoscope back on her neck and follows Enora out, both rubbing their hands with sanitiser. "You're closer to this case than I'd like." She mutters as they go to the imaging room.

"You wouldn't know what close is, Yang." Enora rolls her eyes. "Okay, are we set?"

Yang takes a deep breath. "I think so. I know so, actually." She clarifies.

"Where's doctor Omar? She was practically kissing your ass every waking moment last time I saw you."

"Germany still. I have a lot of research she needs to tend to in my absence." Yang stares at the scans. "Are you ready to be in there?"

"Absolutely-" She's cut off as there's a knock. She goes over and opens the door a little, instantly flushing red. "Corey... Good morning."

He holds out a large coffee. "For the hangover." He teases.