episode forty five

Jax and Enora sit in the tub together, his hands rubbing her feet gently

Jax and Enora sit in the tub together, his hands rubbing her feet gently. She has her head leaned back and her eyes closed; the first day off in a while for her. She jumps awake and takes a deep breath, smiling tiredly at her husband. "I'm sorry, I'm ruining date afternoon."

Jax carefully leans forward, trying not to spill any of the very deep water, and kisses her. "Don't be sorry. Any time with you is worth it even if you snore." He teases.

She kicks him gently and straightens up. She looks at the time. "We'd better get dressed, Knox has been with the girls for a while and we've got reservations soon. Can you believe he's 18 finally? He's no longer our problem." She jokes.

Jax smiles. "Jay will always be a problem."

"Definitely takes after you then huh." She teases. "Have you seen James today?"

"This morning. Actually..." Jax tilts his head as he thinks. "No, that was last night. You haven't seen him?"

"I got in at about 6 this morning  and went to bed." She shakes her head. "Go check his room?" She suggests as he jumps out the tub and rubs dry quickly; he hops to pull his boxers on and rushes out.

"James?" He calls.

Enora climbs out and dries, slipping her panties on and a tank top. Jax rushes in as she searches for her shorts that he threw when he ripped them off. "He's not there." Jax says.

Enora frowns and pulls her shorts on. "What do you mean he isn-"

"Room empty, no James." He snaps.

Enors glares. "Don't be a dick." She snaps back. "He always tells us when he goes out, he's got to be in the house somewhere."

"Didn't you hear me call his name?" Jax snaps again.

Knox stands at the bottom of the stairs, listening to them argue as he debates whether to tell or not. As the yelling grows worse, he takes the stairs two at a time and rushes to James's room, digging in the trash. He walks through Jax and Nors room to their bathroom, holding the letter out silently.

They both go silent and look at him. He waves the letter. "Here."

Jax takes it and reads it with a frown, a frown that turns dark. "Jackson."

"What?" Enora's eyes widen.

Jax throws the letter down and storms downstairs. "That fucker!!!" He grabs his keys.

Enora's heart leaps as she realises his plans; she throws herself against the garage door. "You cannot go confront him! Not with your heart!"

Jax glares. "Move. Now, Enora." He snaps, his eyes cold.

She glares up at him. "Make me."

Jax growls - she knows he won't. He'd never lay a hand on her. He pivots and rushes out the back door towards the other garage door, Enora on his heels. "Jax! Think about this!"