episode twenty

Enora jumps out of the aid car and looks around at the scene, her heart in her throat. She's never been on a scene like this - in fact, she's never been on a scene. She's frozen for a moment. This is... this is insane. Helicopters fly around, news and police ones, and every type of vehicle with a siren is there with lights flashing. There's so many people.

Ben Warren sees her. "Nor?" He jogs over, frowning. "They sent you?"

"I sent myself, I needed out. What have we got?" She leaps into action and rushes over.

"We need someone to get into one of the vehicle's to stabilise a patient - male, 31." Ben says. "Listen, you can go back, we'll get someone-"

"I'm pregnant, not incapable Warren. Do not tell your wife until were back." She warns.

He sighs and motions for her to follow. "Put these overalls and boots on, protect yourself. And this helmet." He hands her the items as she begins changing, dropping her coat and slipping her trainers off.

Ben eyes her small bump and she glares. "I'm just a woman, Warren, get over it."

"Right. Sorry." He clears his throat as she zips the overalls. "Get an IV in, collar him, get him stable. We can't cut him out until we get some specialist equipment that's stuck at the back of the traffic."

Enora nods and clips the helmet on. "Got it. Let's go."

He shakes his head and sighs, heading through some of the other wreched cars to a car on its side. He helps Enora up the ladder to one of the open windows. "Be careful." He warns.

She salutes playfully and carefully slips in, down the back sears until she's kneeling behind the sideways drivers seat where the man lays half conscious. "Sir? I'm Enora, I'm gonna be annoying you for the next however long."

"P-pretty name." He mumbles, looking up at her.

She smiles warmly as she grabs the collar from the bag Ben passes down. "Thank you, can I know yours?"

"J-Jake." He closes his eyes.

"That's a lot like my exhusbands, Jake. You look like him too." She teases as she slips the collar on. "I promise to try not to kill you."

"Ex?" He smiles tiredly. "Damn if-if you were mine I'd n-never let you go." He hums.

She smiles and sits by his head, the only space available. "I wouldn't leave me either. I can see your legs are pinned - can you feel them? Are they hurting?"

"They-they tingle." He swallows hard.

"Okay, I'm gonna give you something to help." She promises, digging in the bag. "Warren!" She calls, looking up. He peaks into the hole. "I need a bigger needle, Im gonna do a central line."

"Are you sure?" He calls down.

"I can't get his arm and he needs fluids. His neck is exposed, it's the easiest way." She nods. He disappears for a moment before reaching down with the supplies. "Got it."

"T-this ex. Was he-he hotter than me?" Jake asks.

Enora smiles as she cleans the small spot on his neck visible through the collar. "He was okay. Not as hot as me."

"Or me." He smirks.

"Definitely. He was a 2. You're a 2 point 5." She teases.

He laughs weakly and looks up at her. "Am I... gonna die?"

"I can't promise you won't but I promise I am going to do everything I can to give you the best chance." She nods small. "Sharp scratch." She warns and he winces as she slips the needle in and tapes it down. She hooks the fluid bag up and hangs it from the open window above. "Pain relief going in." She informs him.