episode twenty six

Enora checks on Rosie, the 5 week old tot fast asleep on the bed, before heading to the master bathroom to turn the taps on

Enora checks on Rosie, the 5 week old tot fast asleep on the bed, before heading to the master bathroom to turn the taps on. She sits on the edge of the tub and rubs her forehead, her heart racing. It's been a rough first week in their dream home.

First the basement flooded. Jax had to sort it.

Then James got into a fight at school and Jax had to sort that.

Now Jax has spent the last few days in and out of the lawyers office discussing the case against his dad.

It's been hard for Enora. She's still recovering, and that's taking a long ass time. She's been alone a lot with the baby and she's struggling there; Rosie seems to settle best for Jax and he, of course, hasn't been around much. And she's also dealing with everything surrounding her dad.

She breaks out of her thoughts as her phone rings so she scrambles to get it before it wakes Rosie. "Hello?"

"I'll be there in 5 to take my baby." Miranda says cheerfully.

Enora smiles tiredly. "Isn't this your first day off in a while? Spend it with Pru."

"I will. Pru and Rosie." She says in a duh-tone. "You are tired, I can hear it. It's just for a day - get a bath, or a shower. Or maybe go for a massage. Either way, I am taking that baby."

"Fiiine." Enora giggles small and sighs. "Thank you..."

"You're welcome. 3 minutes now." She says, hanging up.

Enora turns the taps off and sorts the diaper bag. She gently scoops Rosie up and kisses her head, laying her slowly in the carseat; she's overjoyed that the tot doesn't wake. She secures the straps carefully and is just opening the door when Bailey pulls up.

"There's my second favourite girl!" She grins, climbing out.

"I owe you." Enora says as she hands the car seat over.

"It's my pleasure. Hi baby girl!" Baileys face lights up when she turns the seat to see Rosie. "We're gonna have fun." She coos.

Nor smiles small. "I put 2 bottles in there. She should be okay till about 12." She checks her watch. "And 2 spare outfits, she's very pukey lately."

"Don't worry, I got this covered. Go. Relax. That's an order." She points to Enora.

Enora smiles small and makes her way inside, looking back and watching as Bailey drives off. She closes the front door and heads upstairs, shutting the bathroom door before turning the tub on again, sitting on the floor by it as she watches it run. She looks over onto the counter and spots the small orange pill bottle.

No. You don't need to. You don't want to. You're upset, that is all. Her thoughts race.

But what if its just one? Or two, two would make a better impact. That's all I need, right? Then I'll feel better. I can be a better mom.