episode seventy four

Trigger warning - SENSITIVE SUBJECTS. INC- DEATH, ILLNESS, GRIEF

Enora leans her head back, puffing air from her cheeks out of boredom. Maggie has her on observation still and it's honestly so tedious. She's feeling better, much better, but nooo, that doesn't mean a thing. She's so mad she got found out - and she was doing so good with keeping it a secret! Gah!

"Why are you always in a god damn hospital bed when I see you?"

Enora smiles wide as she lifts her head to see Bailey in the door way. "Chief!"

"Not anymore." She tuts walking over. "There I was, chillin in hawaii, relaxing, drinking. Then I hear you try and drop dead? That's not cool."

She blushes. "My bad... did you bring me- oh my god you're the best." She gasps as Miranda hands her a fridge magnet.

Bailey sits down. "What are we gonna do with you? What's going on? You never told me about Jax or the kids, or the heart thing. You tell me everything." She says gently. "I know I've been a bit out of touch since leaving here but still... we text often. You could have called."

Enora shrugs as she looks at the magnet, playing with it. "I don't wanna talk about it." She mumbles.

"Well tough shit." Bailey snaps. "You damn well need to talk about it. Who's this new guy as well!?"

A smile creeps onto Nors face. "Corey...."

"And who is Corey?" Bailey smiles softly at the look on Nors face.

Nor looks at her. "Friend... of the boy variety. Military. Very handsome, charming. Cheesy."

"Sounds like a great guy." Corey says as he comes in with a bag of taco bell.

Enora smiles wide. "Total jerk, actually. Corey, this is Miranda. Bailey, this is-"

"Sergeant Major Corey Morris, nice to meet you." He holds a hand out.

"How charming... Miranda Bailey, pleasure." Bailey smirks as she shakes his hand, admiring him for a moment. "Okay... I like this upgrade."

"Oh how I love you too, Miranda." Jax says as he comes in with a hand on his heart.

"You still around?" She raises an eyebrow but gives him a hug. "Surprised you're not the one in the bed."

"Our tally is a bit uneven, Enora is tryna balance it out." He shrugs. He goes over and begins checking over the monitors, her IV, BP, etc.

"So we're civil?" Bailey asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Creepily so." Enora nods, confirming. "Don't ask."

"Right... now back to this." She motions to the bed. "Let's get you on the transplant li-"

"Nope." Enora shakes her head as she unwraps her crunchy taco. "Next."

"Enora Caroline, yes." Bailey glares.

"No." Enora shakes her head.

Corey sighs and looks over. "We're still... discussing things."

Enora rolls her eyes. "We're not. I'm not going to spend my remaining time willing someone to die so I can live." She shrugs. "You should have figured this out."

Bailey tilts her head as she glares. "Enora... you're smarter than this. You know donation is a willing, magical thing, it's not like these people don't know what will happen!"

"It's more that it won't be her heart." Corey smiles small. "And the chances of her getting a match are so vast... why spend the energy hoping?" Even though he will, regardless. He takes a slow, calculated deep breath, leaning on the table. "It isn't any of our decisions."