episode thirty one

"Why is he in surgery again? I don't get it

"Why is he in surgery again? I don't get it." James snaps as he paces, limping with each step. "He was awake!"

Addison watches as she rocks Rosie, the tot fussy like her uncle. "I'm sorry, James, I know it's confusing-"

"You know what's confusing!? Growing up with a dad who was a great man, who loved you and supported you and was always there, only to find out he's the worlds biggest asshole who's hell bent on destroying the one stable thing you now have in your life! And that stable thing is now falling apart without his interference and I don't know why because no one's telling me!" He yells.

Rosie begins to cry and Addy bounces. "Shh princess, hey." She glances down at her as she rocks. She then looks back at James. "I know how it feels to be so helpless and unsure about everything. To have everything perfect one minute to it all being on the line." She says gently. "Jax is in surgery to help him and that's all you really need to know - the doctor talk, the medical talk, its all a load of BS right now. Your brother is going to be okay."

James looks over as he tears. "I need him." He whispers.

Addy smiles small. "I know. You should be careful, he won't like it if you hurt yourself worrying will he?"

James takes a shaky breath and nods, limping to his crutches. He just gets balanced as Enora comes in and he can't help feeling relieved - she'd have kicked his ass if she'd seen him not using them.

"Hey." She calls tiredly as she comes in, setting two pizza boxes on the counter. "Grab it while it's hot."

"How is he?" Addy asks as she sits on one of the stools.

Enora pours a large glass of wine and then one for Addy. "He is stable. Amelia said the surgery was a breeze." She smiles small.

James frowns, chewing slowly. "Amelia...?" He says slowly. "She's a brain doctor, why was she-"

"Hey, if it was important I'd tell you, no?" Enora smiles softly at him.

James takes a deep breath and nods quickly. "Okay... okay."

"And next time you don't use your crutches, I'll shove them up your-"

"How did you know!" He tuts as Addy laughs and Enora grins. She points to one of the security cameras in the corner of the kitchen. "Shit, I forgot about those." He mutters.

Enora smiles. "I'm everywhere, James." She winks. She grabs a slice of pizza and goes over to her mom. "Gimme my girl."

Addy hands her over and smiles as she watches Enora hold her baby in one arm as she eats. "So the laundry is done. I restocked your formula and diapers, I marked James' history paper and then we did his math work. I got some groceries in, as well. Do you need anything else before I head out?"

Enora looks over and smiles. "I'd like you to stay... if you'd like. We can watch a movie?"

Addison smiles wide. "I'd love to." She nods.