Not alone

Lucky smiled: "Seattle truly is a pretty city. Feels good to be out of Los Angeles". Koi agreed: "Especially at this current night time everything lights up so brightly. It seems much calmer and more peaceful. Could our business stand a chance here?". "Definitively. Particularly here at the harbour people surely search for a ticket across the ocean to other countries and continents. I'm not worried here. The safety is also higher than the criminality", he smirked, continuing their walk through some alleys. "Eventually we got the whole city for ourselves", there Koi stopped, "Do you hear that too?". Irritated Lucky looked at him: "No, what do you mean?". In the next moment, a braking skateboard was audible and Koi was lying on the concrete with his head pressed down. A gun was held against Lucky's chest as he got pushed against a wall. In pain Koi growled against the ground: "My face! Lucky, help me! Beat him up!".

Unsure Lucky stuttered: "U- uh... Koi...?". A female voice sounded: "I'm so sorry about your pretty face. But due to my bosse's order I have to make sure who has the audacity to make Seattle their own". The shoe from his back head retreated and Koi was able to turn around. Wide-eyed he asked: "A girl...?". She smiled: "You were on TV, weren't you? Hacked Harvard". "You've got a strong kick", Koi noted baffled. Lucky agitated and gestured at the unlocked pistol at his chest: "Wanna ask her for a date before she pulls the trigger?!". She put the gun away without demand and pushed the skateboard into her hand: "If I recall correctly, then your name is Yasuo Teshi Daiki-Jun Hirohito Nakamura. They had a spelling error in the news. But I'm sure that you have a nickname on the streets. He says Koi, alright?". "Wow...", Koi was impressed. Lucky had a twisted look: "Your behaviour is weird".

Koi pulled himself together, stood up and fixed his jacket: "Correct, I get called Koi. This is my best friend Lucky. How may I call you?". "My boss calls me Bambi. But should you try that, then I'm going to rip your peach-hair out of your head", she grinned viciously. "The first to remember my name correctly and not describe my hair as pink. Then I want to respect your opinion and ask what I shall refer to you as", he accommodated. Lucky raised an eyebrow: "What's that razzle-dazzle for?". "Call me whatever you want. But maybe you should hold yourself back. My boss wouldn't like it if other boys had cute nicknames for me", she dared him. With a frozen smile Koi turned around and kicked a trash can with his knee. On the inside he screamed. Suppressed Lucky snorted.

He took a deep breath and turned back to her: "Of course you have a boyfriend. How do I dare to underestimate that?". Lucky wanted to soothe his suffering: "We do not want to make Seattle our own. If there are other groups here after all, then we only want to have a place to survive. It was nice meeting you. We'll go on". Squealing Koi bit his knuckles while Lucky was pushing him forward. The girl grabbed Koi's other hand: "I'd still have to know who you're working for". Lucky took care of answering: "Ilus Poljakow". Suddenly she grabbed Koi's hand much tighter so it hurt him: "Won't you stay for another minute? My boss and Ilus know each other well. Would you be so kind to make an appointment?". Koi flinched in pain: "We don't put our Chef into any danger...!".

Once more she drew her gun and aimed at Lucky: "Could you leave us alone for a second? I'm not going to hurt him. That's a promise". Startled Koi looked at his best friend, but he just took his heel and ran for it: "She promised!". Afterwards she pressed Koi against the wall and stared into his soul with her light brown eyes. She took his glasses off and kissed him a few times. After letting go of him, she repeated with puppy eyes: "Please...?". Thrown off track Koi answered: "Tomorrow evening we wanted to go to some sort of club...". "Then I'll see you again by tomorrow evening. I'm excited", she kissed him goodbye, gave his glasses back and rolled away on her skateboard. Tripping Koi ran after Lucky and tried to sort himself.

~~~

Ilus repeated: "You're supposed to explore the city". Henry was in a bad mood: "Again - You know the city just as little as I do. We should go together". "I have trust in you not getting hurt", he declined. "But I don't want to go without you?", he raised his arms. It knocked on their door and Lucky and Koi entered. A bit pale Koi asked: "Are we bothering you...?". Ilus turned towards them: "Is there a problem?". Koi didn't want to talk. Lucky bit his tongue: "Tomorrow we'll have a meeting with another gang...". "Who?", Ilus narrowed his eyes. Koi pulled his shoulders up: "We don't know them". Chef noticed: "What's that in your pocket?". Bewildered he pulled a piece of paper out: "When...? I don't know. A white fox...?". Ilus ripped his eyes wide open: "You got into a fight with The Order of the Polar Fox?!". Koi blushed: "Getting into a fight is not the right term...". Lucky was confused: "Polar who?".

"What have you done?! Who did you confront?!", Ilus questioned them raging. Koi admitted: "I guess I flirted with the girlfriend of their boss... I didn't know! Please don't take my laptop away! I need her number!". In the following Koi got the probably worst punch to the face of his whole life. Ilus made clear: "You are going to stay away from her for at least a mile! Do not make Whitefur mad! What's his is his! Street rules work in the way that you're part of my team and therefore he's going to be out for me! Not to mention that we've been enemies for years! He would kill me, you and everybody else here!". Cowed Koi kneeled underneath him: "I'm sorry...?". Henry joined the argument: "If Koi still wants her number after everything, then perhaps he should try his luck". Ilus growled at him: "Shut the fuck up!". Everybody's jaws dropped. Henry felt insulted and he left the room. Upset Ilus slammed the door. Lucky whispered: "Seems like nobody can talk to him at the moment...".

~~~

Henry sat on the roof of the building and looked at the stars. Beside him his phone was calling Dexter. After a few seconds he picked up: "Hey, Henry. Sorry, I just got out of the plane and am eating now. What's up?". "Was your flight acceptable?", he asked the counter question. "Ouh, yeah... Well, I have the jetlag of my life. But you don't sound good at all. Did something happen?", Dexter was worried. "I guess...? Ilus yelled at me...", Henry told glum. The best friend was serious: "I'm going to take the next flight back and choke him". "Please don't. Dunno. Usually I would say it's because we just arrived and are already having problems here. But he's been acting strange for the past weeks and I feel bad...", he explained openly. -"I noticed. Sadly, I don't know what his problem is either. Went at least your arrvial well?". -"Oh yeah, it's incredibly pretty here. Seattle itself and our hideout. Lots of space. Also got my own room with Ilus. Means we don't have to share it with Zigz anymore. But it looks like I'm not going to sleep there tonight anyway".

"It seems like he doesn't appreciate you anymore... Man, that makes me so mad right now", he sighed. Henry shared his worry: "Do you think that this was just a fling and it's simply not supposed to last...?". "No, even though I still think that he doesn't deserve you. I'm certain that he really does feel for you. But he feels more than just affection. It's just as new to him as it is to you. Maybe you should make sure that his focus comes back to you", he thought out loud. Henry raised an eyebrow: "Am I supposed to almost die again?". "You're supposed to get his attention and not give him a cardiac arrest!", Dexter lectured him, "I don't know, make him a bit jealous. If he doesn't give you attention, then don't give him attention either. Surely that'll lure him back". "Since when are you so evil?", he was appalled. "It's good that I'm travelling again", was Dexter's only answer.

More contemplative Henry mumbled towards the stars: "But eventually you're right...".