Catching feelings

After a good round of sleep, everyone got woken by the sound of an e-guitar and singing. Talk about the building being supposed to be soundproof. An amplifier the walls couldn't handle after all. Fallen out of bed startled Lucky yelled at Zigz: "What are you thinking to just start playing without a warning?!". Sighing Shark grabbed an ear protection from a construction site, put it on his head and turned away. Zigz only meant well: "It's Shark's birthday today, I wanted to surprise him". "Tomorrow! Shark's birthday is tomorrow!", Lucky reminded. "Oh... uh...", he just put the guitar away and went back to bed. But the door to their room got ripped open and Ilus sounded growling: "Which one of you suckers was that?!". Now Zigz was in a grumpy mood: "From the two of us you're the one who's sucking". Appalled Lucky looked at him: "Do you want to die?". Ilus muttered: "That's not funny and such comments I don't want to hear from you! Lucky and Koi are also still living here! I'm hearing it often enough!". Zigz turned to Lucky: "And I'm supposed to be suicidal?".

Half asleep Koi appeared behind Ilus: "Why am I awake too early?". "Thank Zigz", Ilus grumbled and went back, "No disturbance of the peace before eight PM!". Crabbed Koi flipped Zigz off and went back too. On the stairs he mumbled: "Now I can't sleep anymore...". Ilus bit his tongue and talked to him: "Sorry 'cause of the death threats...". Koi's mood lightened: "So you got along and could solve misunderstandings?". "If I knew myself what's wrong with me, then we would've come to smarter solutions...", he explained depressed. For himself Koi whispered while pulling his phone out: "Still a progress I can take to my advantage...".

~~~

In front of the restaurant Koi waited at sunset. He heard the roles of the skateboard. Happy he mentioned: "Ten minutes too early, Bambi". "I thought I warned you", she answered and stopped in front of him. Koi smiled confidently: "I'm already taking so many risks, I want to be experimental and finally call you by a name". "Ahri Choi", she meagerly said. "So Korean", he grinned, while entering the restaurant. "You promised me all kinds of asian food here", she reminded him. Like a gentleman he pulled a barstool back for her: "That's what the internet says. And he's my most trusted friend". "I see, you followed my instruction", she pointed at his bandage. He sat down beside her: "Because you were right". "Oh, I love to hear that. You never hear that from Whitefur, keep going", she smiled and leaned on him.

Flustered he smiled back: "Uh, hehehe, alright... You're very pretty". "Uhu, go on", she nodded pleased. -"Got a strong kick". -"I'm training daily". -"Are definitively better at skateboarding than I am, but that shouldn't be too hard". -"I could teach you sometime if you have a day off". -"Break my bone whole, then I'll call in sick and I got all the time in this world for you". They ordered their food and Bambi asked during the waiting time: "How did it come to your legendary birth name?". "Sad story. My parents actually planned on having much more children. But it's said that they couldn't have any children after me anymore. Supposedly I'm super lucky to have made it? At least that's what my brother told me. So my parents pushed all the other names onto me", he explained.

She nudged him: "Many can consider themself lucky that you've made it. Me too. You're something new in this boring life. There's something special about you". -"Vice versa. Sometimes just the right people meet. Just look at Ilus with his boyfriend. Nobody would've ever thought that the tiger would fall in love with a teddybear". "But I see it as logical that a fawn is stunned by a beautifully shimmering fish", she looked at him daydreaming. Their food arrived which they shared. Both lost track of time.

Koi set up an alarm on his phone. It chimed when they we're done with eating and still chatting. He apologized: "Sorry, but duty calls in half an hour. How long do I need? About twenty minutes? I can't be absent. But I had a delightful time with you. To just carelessly talk to someone new... I'm honest by telling you that I'm happy". "Do you really have to go already?", she asked with puppy eyes, "We didn't have dessert yet". "We didn't order any", confused, but laughing, he shook his head. She tuched his arm: "I meant myself". Numb he tried to stay strong but gave in quickly: "If I get your skateboard, I'm surely faster and could stay a few more minutes". "But it won't be my fault if you go hug the trash cans again", she teased him. "I'll take that", he got quieter and leaned in.

In that moment Henry drove his car through the city: "And then that piggish smoker wants me to go get him asian takeaway food right before work starts, moron...! He could go himself...!". At the asian restaurant he got out the car and rushed into the building. But he stopped right at the entrance and looked at Koi and his apparent new girlfriend. Immediately Henry spoke: "Koi!". Startled they let go of each other and blanked at him. Koi got nervous: "What are you doing here? Is Ilus here too?". "I'm getting food for Zigz alone. I don't even have to ask what you're doing here", Henry came closer to the counter. It got quiet after Henry ordered. He didn't like the silence: "What are you sitting there like dead worms now? Keep kissing before I drag you to work!". Koi broke into a relieved smile: "You're amazing" and followed the instruction. Shaking his head and rolling his eyes Henry leaned smiling on the counter.

~~~

They just arrived at the hideout as Koi happily sighed: "I feel like it's summer already...". Henry wore a crooked smile and pulled the key to him: "Actually I should be mad at you for your hasty actions, but I guess I can't when you're on cloud nine like that". "I'm sorry, it's going to happen again", he laughed, glancing at the floor. "Well of course", with that Henry got out and both entered the hideout. In the main hall the business already started and Lucky just ran out with four other members: "See you later!". Bewildered Henry looked at his watch: "Work starts in four minutes". Zigz explained, while running after them delayed: "Like said, popular police-service!". The door shut and Henry felt useless while holding the food for him in his hands.

At his desk stood Ilus and he stopped spinning his pen when he saw Henry and Koi standing beside each other. He took a deep breath and swallowed down his unfounded jealousy. That Koi was blushing had nothing to do with Henry, he talked into himself. In addition, he also gazed at the letter from Dexter addressed to Henry. When Henry just looked over to him, Ilus gestured him to come over; he did so. As friendly as he could Ilus gave him the letter. First confused, but then grinning Henry asked him: "Should we open it tog-?". Ilus took the letter back and opened it himself. A little Henry had to laugh: "You're cute...". Suddenly Ilus hesitated. He resumed and grumbled: "Cats are cute, I'm a tiger". "But you all purr", with these words Henry put his arms around his waist. Something inside of Ilus changed so that his heart came to rest for a moment.

While giving him the letter after all, he quietly said: "Sorry that I ignored your cat's funeral three weeks ago...". "Oh, that's no-", Henry wanted to calm him, but Shark whined: "Don't remember me!". "She was fat and old already. Don't worry about it", Henry finished his sentence and finally read the letter, "Hello Henry. I hope you and the others are doing well. Ringo's still mourning over Kiki, your cat. But he's happier in the warmer countries. You'll get postcards more often from me now so you can envy my adventures. Jokes aside, call me by chance. Wow, that boy really is living the life. We're underestimating Africa a bit. Cairo looks incredibly pretty". "You wanna go there some day?", Ilus asked. "Wouldn't it be great to have seen every country of the world at some point?", he asked the counter-question. Ilus nodded: "Then I promise you that one by one we'll travel to all those countries out there". Around the corner Koi listened carefully and started to picture the problem. He wanted to be done with it as soon as possible.