Stray bullet

Tired Ilus stood at his desk and explained meagerly: "Teddy feels sick and won't be working for the next two days". So far everyone nodded. He remembered something: "Shark, he actually had a birthday present for you, but forgot to give it to you in all the chaos". It was a little box he threw at him. Shark just barely caught it and tried to open it. But his hands were too big and immotor for that. So he went to the backyard where Olga and Vincent van Goat had their places. Because of Lucky's massive fear of goats through a childhood trauma, the young animal had to sleep outside. But the cow and the goat got along well. Shark gave the box to the goat so it could bite it open.

Meanwhile that happened, Ilus noticed with an sharp eye: "Koi, where are you sneaking to?". It was no use, his peach hair stood out between all the dark clothing. Innocently he grinned as he bent back up: "I wanted to take a fresh breath of air". "You won't meet up with her", Ilus strictly advised. "Come on!", he begged. "No!", Chef raised his voice, "She's part of a group that threatened me to kidnap and rape Henry! They laughed! Now it's really enough!". "She surely wouldn't want that! I'm sure I could fix things between our gangs!", he kept trying. Enraged Ilus punched his desk: "What in the world makes you think I'd want that?! There has always been something majorly wrong with these guys! You can't trust a single one of them!". He left his desk and stomped through the gathered crowd of people: "None!". Silently Koi clenched his teeth and fists and hissed.

Happy Shark looked at the artificial eye he got from Henry. He wanted to go thank him. Especially quiet he knocked on the door and opened it. In the bed lied Henry on his belly in pain and had ice packs everywhere on his back. He didn't look to the door and said directly: "Ilus, I think I need another one...". Shark worried: "You're going to undercool". Henry ripped his eyes wide open: "Oh, Shark. What are you doing here? I mean- *cough* I'm sick. You should better get out *cough*". He put all his effort into fake-coughing. "But I wanted to say thank you", he carried that puppy-eye-look. Ilus was to be heard rushing in and he tried to push Shark out immediately: "Get out! Now!". During sliding-out Shark waved: "Thank you, Teddy~". Ilus closed the door and looked at Henry a little uncomfortable. Henry only puffed into his pillow: "Your fault. You should rest with your wound". At that he lied down beside him: "Alright".

They couldn't rest for long. It knocked again and Lucky came in: "I don't mean to snitch- Well, actually, I do. Koi just went for it". Ilus growled and jumped up to go after him right away. Henry asked Lucky: "Why are you snitching on your best friend?". -"If I've learned one thing, then that Ilus has a good sense for humans. He says that none of the Polar Foxes should be trusted, so I'm convinced by it. Whatever Chef says. I wouldn't want for Koi to get his heart broken". -"For that it was too late after five minutes. Nothing can stop him anymore now".

~~~

Perplexed Koi looked around. He was at the address Bambi sent to him, but she wasn't there. Instead he heard Ilus: "Yasuo Nakamura!". He startled heavily and turned around rapidly: "H- hey Ilus!". -"I've told you loud and clear to keep away from The Order of the Polar Fox and yet you're still opposing me!". Koi crossed his arms: "Thanks to me you and Henry have a good relationship again now. How about you thank me?". "What?", he looked at him confused. Whitefur interrupted: "Ilus, how lucky to see you here. Actually, I wanted to find your correspondent. But now I have you both, how great". Behind him stood many members of his gang, among them Bambi. Ilus narrowed his eyes: "Can't you go anywhere without your circus?". "To our fight back then I came alone quite well", he countered. That counter Ilus destroyed: "And you lost". -"Wanna go again? Heard that your correspondent is open for both gangs". Ilus side-eyed Koi skeptically, but Koi just stared at Whitefur sternly.

Ilus rejected: "Can't". "Yeah, you took some of my men and got hurt yourself. You're now on my list of people I'm definitively going to kill. Why are you doing this, Ilus? You know very well that I won't hold back in any way to hurt and finish you", he smiled widely. "Your men were the ones threatening mine. I'm only protecting my team", he defended himself. Whitefur shook his head: "And through that you endangered them just more. I want to have a big fight with you. I'm going to drag all your people in and I already know who I'm starting with. You left your weak point at fluffy brown hair". "Do whatever you want with me. Torture me, kill me, dance on my dead body. But leave my boys alone, all of them", he demanded in a deep tone. Surprised Koi glanced at him.

"But that's the point. I want to torture you and the best way to attack you are your boys. Do you think it didn't hurt me to hear that a few of mine died?", he made clear. -"It hurt your ego because you got less in the amount of people. What were their names? You wouldn't even know". Whitefur laughed louder: "I probably haven't even given them names. Call them all donkeys. Exactly, Poljakow. I don't give a shit who it is. You're just supposed to not manipulate my numbers". Koi spoke to Whitefur's followers: "How can you stand by him? Oh, he saved you from rotting on the streets. Ilus would save all of you from him and none of you would've made a loss. Your boss is powerless without you. Just run aw-". Whitefur interrupted him loudly, turning to Ilus: "Have you never taught your children to shut their fucking mouths when the adults are talking?!". Puffing Ilus shrugged.

He threatingly raised his finger: "I'm giving both of us some time to prepare. But one day I'm going to attack you. And I'm going to win. This time I'm going to win...". Walking backwards he left and therefore pushed some of his members away. Until he turned his back on all of them and left. A few followed him, others split up into the city. Bambi walked up to Ilus and Koi, but talked to Koi: "You're right. But we've got something called loyalty here. Street rule, can't break it". "Why would he offer me to work for him then? That shows just as much a lack of loyalty", Koi shook his head, not understanding. Ilus growled: "Don't think that a simple trait wouldn't include violence. For one last time, I'm asking you to come with me again". Bambi stood there all leisurely: "How's your scar doing? It's decorating your face as yet. Still hurts?". Koi twisted his look: "Don't provoke him".

A bit perplexed she tilted her head and looked at Koi, but asked Ilus: "Just five minutes". Hesitant Ilus nodded and went ahead. Koi made clear straight away: "Don't expect me to say please. I don't care about the street rules. Out of friendship towards him I want you to respect my boss and let him live in peace". "I wouldn't have expected you to answer me so cockily", she admitted. -"I've learned. Just because my heart turned blind, I'm not going to underestimate you". She leaned in to him, but he coldly turned his head away: "I know that you're not up for playing games. After all, you only ordered me here so your boss could declare war to us. But I admire equality. Remember that I'm not up for fucking around either". "That's why you haven't shown your naughty pictures to me yet like you did for all your exes", she went too far with that. "You want to see my d that badly? Here", from all his knuckle-tattoos he had a "D" on his right middle finger. With that he flipped her off and followed Ilus.